translation of Luke 2:14

Discussion in 'Sacred Scripture' started by Rexlion, Dec 28, 2022.

1. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    Oh come on Oseas you are being modest. I would put your thoughts above all people on this forum, admittedly a touch lower than God's. At least that's the impression I get. And if you disagree with this perhaps you don't understand God's thoughts.

2. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    Hello AnglicanAgnostic,
    I work with the Word of GOD. The message that was posted is LITERALLY from GOD - the Word is GOD - , the Holy Spirit only quotes what GOD literally said, and is written in His book called Bible or Sacred Scriptures, among His people.

Everyone here knows that the message that was posted is literally from God, the Holy Spirit confirms only and always what is and belongs exclusively to GOD-the Word.
    By the way, the Word made flesh said: He that is of GOD heareth GOD's words:... John 8:47. Check it.

Who is of the LORD and remember not what was said by Him? "I am the Lord: that is my name: and my GLORY will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. (By the way, you know that the earth is infested of graven images according the idolater men's religions and beliefs). Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Isaiah 46:9-11
    9 Remember the former things of old: for I am GOD, and there is none else; I am GOD, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the END from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, and the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

GOD bless

3. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    This thread has strayed quite far from the original question posed by @Rexlion. It seems we can always count on @Oseas to throw the discussion completely off track with irrelevant and nonsensical posts, complete with misquotes of passages and random annotations that don’t amount to an actual argument, and don’t have anything to do with the topic at hand... :facepalm:

Is there anything more to be said here about Luke 2:14?

Br. Thomas likes this.
  4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Since we only get quotations selected by him from his particular translation of the Bible to enlighten us concerning his opinion on Luke 2:14, I suspect that his contributions so far to this discussion can be summed up as: He cannot by any means be accused of having universalist views and seems, (by deduction based upon reading his selective choices of texts), to be double predestinated and controlled by God to be compelled to decide his favourite flower must be the tulip.

https://forums.anglican.net/threads/translation-of-luke-2-14.4907/#post-58647
    https://forums.anglican.net/threads/translation-of-luke-2-14.4907/#post-58658
    https://forums.anglican.net/threads/translation-of-luke-2-14.4907/#post-58752
    https://forums.anglican.net/threads/translation-of-luke-2-14.4907/#post-58761
    https://forums.anglican.net/threads/translation-of-luke-2-14.4907/page-2#post-58773

My parting shot on that would be this: God's favour rested on quite a lot of very dubious Old Testament characters, not all of them, by any means even, 'men of good will'. The text of Luke 2:14 can thus be interpreted to mean God's favour may have extended, according to the angels song, to pretty well the entire human race, with very few, if any, caveats or conditions attached and no later amendments added. The only limit, it would seem, would be the extent of God's Grace balanced by God's desire that “justice roll down like a river”.

5. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Not that I can think of.

Maybe someone should start him a new thread entitled, Oseas 20:23. :p

Br. Thomas and Invictus like this.
  6. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    2+0+2+3 = 7

7. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    And 20 + 23 = 43, and 4 + 3 = 7! Coincidence? I think not. :laugh:

Botolph and Br. Thomas like this.
  8. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    No coincidence, absolutely. The order of the factors does not change the 'perfection'.
    Have you ever read the Bible? Read the Bible and understand the meaning of the number seven(7) in the written Word of GOD-the Word is GOD- the Holy Spirit, Sacred Scriptures.

9. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    No “factors” were mentioned: the examples were ones of addition, not multiplication.
    Yes. Have you ever read anything else?
    I am familiar with the fact that the number seven is often associated with notions of perfection in Ancient Near Eastern numerology, and with the specific biblical instances of this, e.g., seven days of creation, seven spirits, seven lamps, etc. Other than the fact that 7 x 2 = 14, what does any of this have to do with Luke 2:14 (given that the verse numbers weren’t originally part of the text)?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Tiffy and Botolph like this.
  10. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    And seven seals, and seven trumpets, and seven last plagues, and seven candlesticks (7 Churches of Asia), and seven stars(7 angels of the seven Churches) several of the angels, fallen angels or angels reproved for various reasons, as was written in Revelation according JESUS commanded after around 65 years of His ascension. By the way, JESUS excluded His Church of Rome (take a look in Romans 1:8 and see what Paul said how true was the Lord's Church in Rome), yes, JESUS excluded His Church in Rome because His Church had apostatized by complete. I must say that in this beginning of the seventh and last Day He will celebrate His marriage with His true Church. Celebration of the Lamb's marriage? ONLY AFTER THE JUDGMENT OF BABYLON | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

11. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    Again I ask, what does any of this have to do with Luke 2:14?

12. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    Again I ask, what does any of this have to do with Luke 2:14?
    Don't you know yet? It's hard to understand you don't see yet the conection with JESUS, the KING of kings(kings made by Him) and LORD of lords.

13. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    Just more nonsense. Is it really that hard to give a straight answer to a straight question? :doh:

14. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    I asked to you: Don't you know yet? What have you learned about JESUS, nothing?

15. Distraught Cat

Distraught Cat Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    We need to seriously countenance the question of whether or not he is merely trolling at this point.

Rexlion and Invictus like this.
  16. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian