Yikes very quiet this week

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Gordon, May 7, 2013.

1. Ogygopsis

Ogygopsis Active Member

Is there a 'traditionalist' thrust to many posts and with some more active members? I've noted in my brief time here: anti-gay, anti-modern, comments about TEC (USA), and related things that suggest these forums are more allied with that side of things? It is not clear if there is an editorial/admin policy thereof or if this is simply a fact of who are the active people.

This is apparently a newer board and yet to find its place and manners. I don't know the history that led to this comment but would like to, and also to know the steps the board owner has taken to rein in things that go over the line:

Maybe the past trend continues? This is a guess, but this is an example of over the line, in my opinion, starting on page 4 this thread: http://forums.anglican.net/threads/tec-nyc-gay-disco-mass.877/page-4#post-15344. Does no-one understand how throwing up interpretations of the bible in the face of new Anglican to condemn their lifestyle is not offensive and alienating? For shame! And, no, it does not matter if posters of such things believe what they post is true. To condemn a person based on your point of view - well that will make things quiet for certain. I presume the posters of such things understand that when they post that there is controversy and that their viewpoints are not universally accepted. Respectful posting means recognizing that. At the barest least, such strident views must be expressed in the form of "opinion", not as truth.

So if it is quiet, there is a reason isn't there.

Thomas Didymus and Lowly Layman like this.
  2. historyb

historyb Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    CEC (Anglo-Catholic)
    Yes, but not what your suggesting. As long as I been here this was never a liberal forum. What that was about is that there was a dust up between Anglo Catholics and Reformed types and people left over it

3. Celtic1

Celtic1 Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Celtic Christian
    The truth is that what you find offensive is traditional Biblical Christianity and Anglicanism. If you are comfortable with a modernist Anglican cult which has departed the Christian faith, so be it.