leftist Oregon discriminating against Christians

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by Rexlion, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    In Oregon, "Christians are being shut out of child welfare programs altogether — simply because of their beliefs about the body and our human identities," says this article in The Federalist.

A woman was denied the ability to adopt a child in Oregon because she did not meet the state's litmus test for wokeness.

"Specifically, state regulations require prospective caregivers to demonstrate that they will “accept” and “support” a child’s sexual orientation and so-called gender identity and expression. This means caregivers must agree to use preferred pronouns, take their children to events such as LGBT pride parades, and even take young children to receive hormone shots as part of what the left calls “gender transition.” When Jessica explained that she would love any child, but she just couldn’t do anything that went against her Christian faith, the state turned her away. According to Oregon, people with traditional religious beliefs about our sexual differences are unfit to care for children..."

"Some may argue Oregon is just trying to protect children. Far from it. Forcing Jessica to agree to use preferred pronouns or take a child to get wrong-sex hormones is entirely hypothetical — meant to test Jessica’s fealty to the state’s views. Jessica even asked if she could be considered for children who did not struggle with gender dysphoria, but still the state said no.

"Moreover, the state excludes people of faith not just from adoption but from all of its child welfare programs."

My home state of Oklahoma is considering legislation that would ban gender transition procedures in minors so they don't make such a hugely life-changing decision while they're too immature to understand all of the consequences. I am proud to be in a state where people understand the damage that can be done to a person's psyche, mental health, and body when a young, inexperienced child makes a choice he or she might regret for the remainder of life. And I am glad that I don't live in a state like Oregon where wonky leftists control the government and Christians are discriminated against.

2. Tom Barrial

Tom Barrial Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Well spoken. I'm not a fan of woke policies. This mornings the House passed a bill banning trans women from competing in women's sports, which I applaud.
    ba

Rexlion likes this.
  3. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    I've always thought the segregation of sports was silly. Why not just eliminate the separate categories for men's and women's sports altogether? Instead of the NBA and the WNBA, we'd just have one NBA, a co-ed league consisting of the best players, period. Wouldn't that satisfy both sides?

4. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA
    Wow, I need to mark this day on my calendar: we actually agree on something!

I think the objection is that in any sport favoring strength or speed, men would pretty much drive out women entirely, and that women would stand a far larger chance of injury. For some sports (e.g., football) that might be the case but I see no reason why women couldn't compete just fine in baseball or soccer or bowling or golf. And even in football, as long as women are willing to take the risks and don't have special treatment versus the men, then I see no reason to bar them a priori from a professional sport.

EDIT: All the above notwithstanding, I don't think most women actually want co-ed sports. They know that a top-shelf female athlete cannot compete in strength or speed with even an average male athlete of roughly the same age and general physical condition. So women can certainly compete with men in team-based co-ed sports but they will almost never excel in these fields due to the physical disparity. And I think this is the core of the issue. Still, as part of a larger team I think top women athletes would be a fine addition to, e.g., baseball teams and in solo non-contact sports like golf or bowling.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  5. Tom Barrial

Tom Barrial Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    It's obvious that you have never competed in sports. I have.

6. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    You would just have no women in the NBA then. I am not sure if you take the 5 best women players in the world if they could beat a mediocre college basketball team. They would be shorter, slower, and less physical.

7. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    The Best woman golfer ever, Anna Sorenstem, tried to play on the men's tour, she never made a cut. Women hit the ball much shorter.

AVERAGE DISTANCES FOR LPGA TOUR PLAYERS
    DRIVER: 246-258
    3-WOOD: 195-217
    5-WOOD: 185-205
    3-IRON: 180-192
    4-IRON: 170-181
    5-IRON: 161-173
    6-IRON: 152-163
    7-IRON: 141-154
    8-IRON: 130-143
    9-IRON: 119-132
    PW: 107-121

DRIVER: 289-323
    3-WOOD: 243-304
    5-WOOD: 230-288
    3-IRON: 212-265
    4-IRON: 203-254
    5-IRON: 194-243
    6-IRON: 183-229
    7-IRON: 172-215
    8-IRON: 160-200
    9-IRON: 148-185
    PW: 80, 105, 120

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/
    In preparation for two upcoming friendlies against Russia, the U.S. women’s national team played the FC Dallas U-15 boys academy team on Sunday and fell 5-2, according to FC Dallas’ official website.

In soccer 5-2 is a beating.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/w...is-player-at-australian-open-wta-tennis-news/

Over their long and illustrious careers, there have been a few peculiar incidents and instances. Once, both sisters lost to a particular player on the same day.

During the 1998 Australian Open, a German tennis player, Karsten Braasch beat both sisters during their matches played in a light moment. Karsten was ranked around the 200-mark in the world.

It is pretty clear that if you go to Co-ed professional sports to end female professional athletes.

Tom Barrial likes this.
  8. Tom Barrial

Tom Barrial Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    All it will take is for an excellent NCAA basketball male player to become a trans woman player,play with the women, and average 70 pts a game. Then this woke nonsense will be done with.