About the Dead in Christ/Saintly Intercession

Discussion in 'Theology and Doctrine' started by Elizabethan Churchman, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

Some comments on this topic are edging close to a disparagement of Scripture, which violates the terms of this site. Returning to the OP topic would be a better idea.

2. highchurchman

highchurchman Well-Known Member Anglican

Britain
    Religion:
    Anglican/Catholic
    The Church is the Body of Christ and in human terms was founded in an upper room in Jerusalem. Give and take a few years, we usually reckon about 33 AD.. The Bible, or the New Testament chiefly,is the record of Christ's Revelation of the New Covenant or Gospel.
    There is only one Church and Membership is by Triune baptism after accepting the Truth, i.e. Christ's Revelation. This is usually taken as Revelation, Scripture and its interpretation by the Holy Fathers in Council and the Greek Fathers of the First three Centuries.
    The Anglicans (collectively,) have never claimed to be the Church but simply a Communion within it.

If one is in a religious body that doesn't agree with the above formula, then one is in a Christian sect. At least as I was taught,

As I understand it, Rome is a Catholic Sect , having departed from the majority, within the Bodyl, on the point of adding to the Revelation , or ,The Deposit' totally ignoring the Pauline Injunctions . We could add to the tally, going against the teaching guided by the Holy Ghost and adding to the Nicene Creed etc..

Peteprint and Lowly Layman like this.