What is the point of Mainline Christianity?

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by Midwest LDS, Jan 20, 2018.

1. PotterMcKinney

PotterMcKinney Active Member Typist Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    Flagrant opinion as in "marriage isn't really a big deal," or "multiple partners are just fine, maaaan." I'm yet to meet any Episcopalians with authority that doesn't hold a very high view of marriage. And as to mutual respect, Episcopalians almost over emphasize service to others.

I see the Episcopal Church losing the old folks (and yes, it's the old folks) who have no sense of tradition whatsoever. The Gospel without old money tape will come around again. It'll take a bit, but the seeds of it are in there. I've seen it first hand.

2. Ide

Ide Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    Basically, yeah.

It's really a bad infestation of boomers and SJWs in many parishes. There are some dioceses and parishes which are holding out against these changes, but I doubt it will last if a new prayer book with SSM rites is published. I see a greater mass exodus coming with the next roll out. The non-sense I see in some news articles about TEC beggars belief sometimes.

As others have suggested if you are interested in Anglicanism try looking for an ACNA church http://www.acna.org/map/ This province was started against what TEC had been doing for decades and they stick by traditional Christian, Anglican teachings and morals.