What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Arts, Literature, and Games' started by Scottish Monk, May 25, 2012.

1. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

2. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    As the O.P. of this thread, I am going to ask you guys to take your discussion to another thread. This thread is simply for people to post what they are reading--providing such things as author, publisher date, publisher location, 1-paragraph summary, table of contents, and/or excerpt. As such, the thread will provide a running list of books of interest to Anglicans. The purpose of this thread is not to debate what is read or published. For those discussions, please start a new thread.

Thank you.
    Scottish Monk

3. Scottish Knight

Scottish Knight Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Just finished reading "Jane Eyre"
    [​IMG]
    So enjoyed this book! It so spoke to my situation. The story was gripping and it eminded me of the reality of divine providence in our lives, even the darkest moments we go through are for our good into shaping us better for God's plan for us. The book dealt a lot with christianity too. Mr Brocklehurst was a character that reminds us of the evils of hyocrisy and the Mr St John of a Christian with a lack of peace, who strives for God but forgets about love

rhiannon likes this.
  4. rhiannon

rhiannon Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican (HIgh)
    A Strangers Child by Alan Hollingsworth via Kindle. Its not going that great but getting through it bit by bit...

5. maci75

maci75 New Member

Hungary
    Religion:
    Richard Foster: Streams of living water
    [​IMG]

Great book about six major streams of Christianity. Foster contends that these streams are the contemplative, holiness, charismatic, social justice, evangelical, and the incarnational, with each stream having Jesus at its center and source.