Veneration of the Cross

Discussion in 'Liturgy, and Book of Common Prayer' started by CRfromQld, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    It's nice to see the RC church getting less confused in what I teaches. The improvement is noted and appreciated. :laugh:

2. Annie Grace

Annie Grace Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican (Australia)
    Good answer Tiffy. It's just that I don't like to do things unconsciously simply because they are a habit. I had too much of that rote stuff when I was in the RCC. Everything seemed so regimented. I didn't realise that Anglican aren't big on bowing and have been bowing to the altar (in place of genuflecting to the tabernacle I suppose) and also bowing during the processional. I guess it just seemed like acts of respect.

But I take your point that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it. I haven't been attending much lately anyway due to old age making it hard to 'do mornings'. My priest does usually supply a video of the service for those of who can't get to the church. I know it isn't really a substitute and lacks the community aspect, but it is what it is. I try to get to the big events at least. I think I am becoming a real 'C of E' in that I make it to Christmas and Easter. That's how we used to describe Anglicans when I was young. I thought it was just a cute saying, but at my age now, that is probably the main times I am going to make actually in person to Mass. I wonder if I have some attendance points banked up in heaven though because I used to attend Mass every day when I was a RC. LOL

3. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    That's got to be at least a couple of years off purgatory I guess, if there is such a thing. :laugh: