Tutorials or Courses on the Book of Common Prayer?

Discussion in 'Liturgy, and Book of Common Prayer' started by JayEhm, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Just about all forms of pious or reverential actions are entirely optional in the CofE. That's where we get our reputation for being 'unruley' :laugh:

Something I have not seen since a young lad, some 50 years since, is genuflecting at the words in the Nicene Creed, ", And was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary, And was made man", standing again, still east facing, and continuing, "And was crucified also for us . . .

This was to respectfully acknowledge the humility of Christ. Some of the older choir members often didn't manage to get back on their feet until Pontius Pilate had come and gone. Not so sure my arthritic knees would allow me a sprightly resurrection even by the time Pontius gets a mention, nowadays. :(

In our case it was the entire choir who did it, but it was entirely optional for anyone in the congregation. It seems now that such physical demonstrations of devotion are mostly seen in charismatic churches. Usually sporadically at much less specific moments in the liturgy, if they can be said to actually have one.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Will_ likes this.
  3. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Can. Rehberg of All Saints Anglican in San Antonio has a host of useful videos on his parish YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4se91JaJaCgKMsy91DeUKw

He is not even in our jurisdiction but Abp. Gordon encourages us to listen to his videos to learn the chants that accompany the '28 BCP.

Will_ likes this.