The Anglican Devotional Life

Discussion in 'Personal Advice, Care & Prayers' started by Cable, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Cable

Cable New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    For the Anglicans out there:
    The discussion of the BCP and possible deficiencies for Anglo-Catholics got me thinking. What does your daily devotional life look like? Do you primarily pray the Daily Office? If you came from a different Christian background, do you prefer a previous devotional approach? Do you incorporate music, either from our hymn tradition or from elsewhere? Do you observe the Feasts?

And for non-Anglicans:
    I'm definitely interested in your devotional practices as well. And, if you are thinking about joining us, is there anything in our devotions that you find especially interesting (or weird :D)?

Lux Christi likes this.
  2. Lux Christi

Lux Christi Active Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican (Anglo-Catholic)
    I generally pray the Daily Office, adding in the Angelus prior, and the seasonal Marian anthem after, adding in crossing myself, a prayer for the departed, and bowing during the Trinitarian doxology. And of course, in front of my Christian shrine at home in front of a statue of Madonna and Child and votive.

If not, I generally pray the Dominican Rosary. After all, I am a Roman-Catholic convert to Anglo-Catholicism. And if not that, then devotions from my Saint Augustine's Prayer Book, or Centering Prayer, lol.

I also try to observe most of the Feasts, fast from midnight for the Mass and the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar, and try to go vegan on Fridays (I'm already vegetarian)! And of course, I should probably go to Confession soon enough.

3. The Hackney Hub

The Hackney Hub Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    The Episcopal Church
    Morning and Evening Prayer from the Prayer Book. I also spend time after the morning office in quiet prayer and Bible study.