Supernatural

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by CFLawrence, Sep 23, 2020.

1. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Good idea. I like them better than the Romans.

2. CFLawrence

CFLawrence Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Evangelical Episcopalian
    I have been reading and re-reading this thread trying to decided where I truly belong. I think you’re right. I can be Catholic in an Anglican Church but I cannot be Anglican in a Catholic Church. I think that’s the bottom line. I get go to TEC ans still read my Trent catechism, say my rosary, pray to saints and for the dead but worship according to the BCP. I also agree that those of us that are more generally conservative need to retain our seats in the pews. @Stalwart posted a very concerning article from 1P5 that has forced me to seriously rethink going along with Rome. It looks like tho I’m going to have to be my own island. Wish me luck.

Dave Kemp, Lowly Layman and Botolph like this.
  3. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

I do wish you luck, friend. It's not always easy of course. You're the minority. But never think you're alone.

4. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Please keep us up to date on how you are doing. I will try to remember to pray for you

5. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    As Taylor Marshall points out in one of his videos, a practicing RC is one who agrees with and observes all the dogmas of the RCC. One of those dogmas is, "The Pope possesses full and supreme power of jurisdiction over the whole Church, not merely in matters of faith and morals, but also in Church discipline and in the government of the Church." But Francis says and writes such outlandish things! He even rejects the just war theory (supported by Augustine) in the latest encyclical. RCs try to disregard such things, but personally I could not be RC if for no other reason than because I don't accept the power of any pope to set the discipline and governance of the entire church.

Br. Thomas likes this.