Pro-life Priest Fr. Frank Pavone Defrocked

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by Lowly Layman, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Frank Pavone makes quite a few YT videos. In his latest video, he has (in obedience to Pope Francis) removed his clerical collar and stated that he, Pavone, is no longer allowed to be known by the title, "Father."

But a scan of the comments below the video reveals that his RC followers still are calling him "Father Pavone." This is symptomatic of the general feeling among most RCs about Francis; they do not respect him and they choose to disobey him. Not that this is the only example we can find of such disrespect and disobedience, either!

This attitude among RCs strikes me as hypocrisy. The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) specifies that the pontiff occupies the office of Peter, "the office of binding and loosing." It also says, "the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered."

It seems to me that this doctrinal belief is fundamental and foundational to the Roman Catholic faith. How can a person be a RC and yet believe that Pope Francis is not his spiritual leader? How can a person be RC and be set upon willfully disobeying the prime authority on earth, the "vicar of Christ," that God supposedly has placed over him?

Aren't such people RC "in name only"? Or can RCs disagree with and disregard the teachings of their CCC as well as those of their "head pastor," and still be true members of the papal Roman church?

I was raised RC and taught the catechism both as a child and a teen. I remained RC until my mid-20s. But when I realized that I no longer could agree with the CCC and the pope, I left that church and began to attend a Protestant church. I loved the Lord and wanted to follow Him, but it was difficult to leave the church I'd grown up in. I remember the hold the RCC had on me; it taught me I'd go to hell if I left. I remember how angry my mother was when I told her, and how she yelled at me. But I know I did the right thing, and I have no regrets.

I pray that our loving Lord will grant RCs everywhere the wisdom and knowledge they need, that they will allow themselves to be led truly by the Holy Spirit, and that they will learn which other church God is leading them toward. I pray that they will learn to trust in Christ's redemption alone, and not in the power of any church. Children of God owe their allegiance to Jesus Christ, not to a denomination; so when the denomination you're in has turned bad like spoiled milk, don't wait until you curdle along with it... get out!

2. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I've learned my lesson: never send an email to Pavone. His organization sends out an email every single day to alert one to his latest video and/or try to rally support. Two times I did all I could to unsubscribe, and still the emails come. I finally marked the latest one as spam.

Invictus likes this.
  3. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    Almost as if they were doing it for the money…:hmm:

4. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA