Prayers

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by bwallac2335, Sep 3, 2021.

1. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Fun times again. I might have had a covid exposure. Not sure yet. They. are just sick now but I should find out soon. It would be a pretty solid covid exposure since they hand delivered my wife and I coffee from their new coffee shop and then I helped them with a project for their coffee shop for a good long while.

2. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    It would be wise for everyone nowadays to take a daily multivitamin with minerals. Vitamins and minerals in the broad spectrum work synchronously to produce things the body uses (such as enzymes) for cell growth and reproduction, immune system replenishment, etc. Low vitamin D levels have been specifically observed in many people who have more serious viral illnesses.

Zinc is another important element. Far and away the most bioavailable type of minerals are the chelates. Chelates are minerals bonded to specific amino acids which surround the element and hold it fast like a claw, and because a person's body recognizes the amino acid as a building block of food this chelate passes intact through the stomach acid and into the small intestine, where it is absorbed directly into the bloodstream through the intestinal villi. Plant life contains its minerals in chelated form. The minerals in raw vegetables and fruits are of this type, but freezing, cooking, and modern food processing break the bonds and reduce the minerals to their elemental form (which the body rejects unless the mineral ion happens to meet up in the gut with a correct amino acid and become re-chelated). The chelation process is patented and not cheap, so chelated minerals do cost more to buy, but considering (for example) that the bioavailability of iron in common sulfate form is <5% while chelated Fe is >85%, and the latter produces no sulfate stomach upset, the money is well spent. Companies which utilize chelated minerals to some degree or other in their formulations (one must check the ingredients label) include Bluebonnet, Healthy Origins, LifeZone, and Oxylent (the latter sells a convenient drink powder).

God acts supernaturally on our behalf for our good, but He also gives us wisdom and knowledge to order our steps that we may do what's best in a natural sense.

bwallac2335 likes this.
  3. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    I prefer to eat my vitamins.I have a rather large produce and fruit set up. I am also now in the fresh grass egg business

Othniel and Rexlion like this.
  4. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    My wife keeps 3 hens in our back yard. :thumbsup:

I like to eat fresh, too. But I read a study in the 1990s out of Iowa which showed that the average micro-mineral content of farm soils was being depleted at a rate of about 5% per year. Ever since I read that I've been supplementing with about 1/2 the RDA just in case. Besides, I know I don't always get a balanced diet (not sure I ever get a perfectly balanced diet!). :laugh: Oh, and I know my sun exposure (best source of vitamin D) goes way down in winter.

Anyway, maybe the info will help some others who don't regularly eat fresh fruits and veggies.

bwallac2335 likes this.
  5. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    On my garden soils I mulch, compost, and add other materials to the soil to enrich it. I work outside a lot. I am rocking a great farmers tan

6. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Good deal! You have a big leg up on the for-profit farms, which generally add back only the nutrients that will grow a more abundant crop. They add N, P, K. Calcium for pH. Maybe a little copper or boron or whatnot if the analysis calls for it. But iron? Chromium? Manganese? Unlikely.

7. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Php 4:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
    Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
    Php 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

8. Br. Thomas

Br. Thomas Active Member

U.S.A.
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    God is happy to oblige you with the Ignore Button...and we wonder why different sects of supposedly similar beliefs do not get along....

Botolph likes this.
  9. ZachT

ZachT Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    How terrible, I hope you and your family dodge the disease. I'll add you to my prayers, I hope you all stay safe.

This is false. Gates is not a proponent of depopulation, he's firmly against it - otherwise why would the Bill and Miranda Gates Foundation be so in favour of curing malaria? He's an advocate of slowing population growth, saying the globe should have a much lower birth rate that maintains or barely grows current populations (which outside of certain countries I think is still very silly), not that we should decrease the population. There's fake news saying he said we need to kill off 3 billion people. That's not true. He said (in 2010, so who knows if he even still thinks this) that with certain advances in medicine, vaccination and economic prosperity we could lower the growth rate by 10-15%. That's not killing people, that's people "choosing" to have 10-15% less kids (presumably because they're so busy working they don't have time, but that's another issue).

Gates was actually a Chicken Little about the pandemic. He funded documentaries and testified to various governments that they needed to prepare for another Spanish Influenza years before COVID. His numbers were off on the number of people that would die world wide, but only because COVID is less lethal than previous global pandemics. That's not at all consistent with someone who wants to use a pandemic to thin the population. That's consistent with someone who foresaw what devastation a pandemic could cause, and cared about the human lives a slow response would cost.

Invictus likes this.
  10. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Viruses mutate. Therefore, no doctor or scientist was surprised that SARS-CoV-2 mutated. One of the reasons why flu vaccines need to be given annually is because viruses mutate. There is nothing suspicious about mutations in SARS-CoV-2.

What was unusual were the Variola viruses that we the cause of Smallpox. They barely mutated and that is one of the reasons why we've been able to eradicated Smallpox.

SARS-CoV-2 is here to stay. We will have to adapt to it like we've adapted to influenza (flu). This autumn those in higher risk groups may need a booster dose. From 2022 onwards we may need to give an annual vaccine to boost the immune system's response, to make the vaccines better for new variants that will no doubt evolve or for both of the two reasons just given.

11. PDL

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Vitamins need only be taken as supplements when recommended by a healthcare professional. If one eats a healthy, balanced diet they should not lack any nutrient. Sensible exposure to sunlight will supply the body with adequate vitamin D. Taking supplemental vitamins that are water-soluble is a waste of one's money as they will be excreted in urine. Fat-soluble vitamins are stored in the body thus taking supplements can lead to an excess.

Sales of vitamins is simply part of a huge industry that wants to make profits by medicalising our lives. The body has an excellent system for extracting the nutrients it requires from the food we consume.

12. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    The belief that supplements are a waste of money is a common and popular viewpoint, quite possibly the majority viewpoint. However, according to this USA Today article, a nutrition report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that nearly 10% of the U.S. population has nutrition deficiencies. A large part of the reason might be because most Americans don't always eat a healthy diet: https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/micronutrient-inadequacies/overview As for vitamin D and sun, here's an article that says in the winter it's virtually impossible to produce vitamin D from the sun if one lives 37 degrees above the equator, because the sun never gets high enough in the sky for its ultraviolet B rays to penetrate the atmosphere, according to Harvard Women's Health Watch. Low vitamin D levels have been linked to relative severity of Covid illness in some patients.

It's not a simple matter to ensure that the foods one eats contain enough, every single day, of each water-soluble vitamin for the body's needs on that day.

A little bit of supplementation, to me, is like a fairly inexpensive insurance policy. Before starting them, I'd come home from work so tired I only wanted to sit in the chair. When I began taking a vitamin with chelated minerals, I quickly found that I had plenty of energy after work to go outside and be physically active. YMMV, of course.

13. Annie Grace

Annie Grace Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican (Australia)
    I take a Vitamin D supplement but only at the direction of my doctor because my bloods tests show that I am low. He said that morning sun was best for Vitamin D exposure and absorption but I am not a morning person, so find it difficult to get outside for a daily dose! Since my blood tests didn't show any other vitamin deficiencies there doesn't seem much point in taking any other supplements. Perhaps the best thing for a person to do is get a blood test first before spending lots of money on supplements.

14. PDL

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I agree that many people do not get the vitamins and mineral salts they need. The crux of the matter is, as I've previosuly said, is the need to eat a healthy, balanced diet. Far too many people in the West do not making the findings of that CDC report to be expected.

Of course, not everyone gets sufficient sun exposure. A good example would be the Sámi people of northern Scandinavia.

What I was saying it's better to take vitamin and mineral supplements on advice. There's a whole industry out there that wants us to take them for the sake of their profits and not our health.

15. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    The greatest problem is that the Standard American Diet (SAD) is a poor poor diet and it inflicts horrible harm on people because it is so bad. In the US we need to change our food culture and we need to do it fast.

16. PDL

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    The USA is not alone. Diets are often very poor here in the UK. In the town where I live the number of fast food outlets grows exponentially. Add to that online food and takeway ordering people don't even get a bit of exercise going for their junk food. The hardest thing they have to do is drag themselves off the couch to answer the door.

Rexlion and bwallac2335 like this.
  17. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    Yep and this has a grave bearing on how bad covid is for people. It is a proven fact that overweight people with other problems like diabetes make covid worse on you. I see eating a decent diet, not being some crazy person about diet, is another part of taking care of the body like the Bible calls us to do.

Rexlion likes this.
  18. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    When my wife sends me out for pizza, at least I get some exercise turning the steering wheel all the way to the drive-thru window! :laugh:

bwallac2335 likes this.
  19. PDL

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Eating a decent diet is not really being crazy about it. I think it does appear that way to some people because buying food from stores and cooking your own meals now does seem to be some fad where once it was the norm.

bwallac2335 likes this.
  20. PDL

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Yes, I'm sure, I can just see her pointing her Colt .45 at you and telling to go get the damn pizza.:whip: