Prayers for COVID to end

Discussion in 'Personal Advice, Care & Prayers' started by strelitziaflower, Oct 12, 2021.

1. strelitziaflower

strelitziaflower Member

Prefer not to say
    Religion:
    Roman Catholic
    Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed by thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And, forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. But lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

2. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I think we all earnestly pray for this Pandemic to be over. Many of us so that our lives can return to normality. Who ever imagined that there would be a time when we all wanted to return to what we had probably seen as the drudgery of our everyday lives controlled by many external influences such as work, school, family, etc.

In addition, I would pray for a return to normality so that the lonely need no longer be isolated; the elderly are not stuck in hospitals frightened and with no visitors; that the dying are permitted longer than brief visits from family; that no one else gets sick from or dies from this disease.

Lord Jesus Christ, you said to your disciples,
    ‘I am with you always’.
    Be with me today, as I offer myself to you.
    Hear my prayers for others and for myself,
    and keep me in your care.

Christ be with me, Christ within me,
    Christ behind me, Christ before me,
    Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
    Christ to comfort and restore me.
    Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
    Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
    Christ in hearts of all that love me,
    Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

ZachT likes this.