Please introduce yourself (if you want to)

Discussion in '2022 General Discussion' started by CRfromQld, May 14, 2022.

1. CRfromQld

CRfromQld Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    My name is Chris Rohde from Manly parish, Brisbane. I have been a synod rep for several years now.

2. David Hampson

David Hampson New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Thank you for creating this space Chris.

My name is David Hampson from St Johns Wishart and this Synod will be my 3rd Synod.

3. Debbie Eustace

Debbie Eustace New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hi, I'm Debbie Eustace from Bribie Island Parish. This will be my second Synod so very much a newbie. Thank you Chris for creating this platform.

4. Dr Jason Zagami

Dr Jason Zagami New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Jason Zagami from Southport. I recall reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone which had just been published during breaks of my first Synod...

5. Tina Woodall

Tina Woodall New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Tina Woodall from Drayton (near Toowoomba for those of you who don't know Drayton). I am a Synod Veteran. I have been a Synod Rep since my early 2o's and am now 51. Even though I have been coming a long time I still feel I know very little about the subject matter put forward. What I am comfortable with is how Synod functions. Getting to know people is important as you get a good sense of the Diocese as a whole.
    For those of you who are newbies. Embrace it. Don't be afraid to get up and say something if you feel passionate enough about it. I got up at my very first Synod - it was daunting but I felt amazing for the experience. The one thing I love about Synod is that some 400 or so people can come together, debate some very serious issues, and still love each other at the end. God Bless you all. Safe travels to Synod. See you tomorrow. Hopefully we can meet each other in person.

By the way Chris. Thankyou for putting up this Forum. It's a pity more have not taken the opportunity prior to Synod to discuss matters. Maybe there will be more activity during Synod.

Graeme Smyth likes this.
  6. Andrew Bode

Andrew Bode New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hi

My name is Andrew Bode from Mudgeeraba parish of the Good Shepherd. I have been a member of Synod on and off for forty years or so.

7. Graeme Smyth

Graeme Smyth New Member

Graeme Smyth from Coorparoo. Second Synod.