New kid on the block ...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by mediaque, Feb 25, 2019.

1. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    Hi all!

So, I'm new to the forums and fairly new to TEC. I was raised Baptist. My Uncle was a Catholic as I was growing up and kinda on the outs with the family because of it. But that didn't deter him. As I got older and moved out on my own I didn't go to church anywhere. But I was always interested in Catholicism as every Christmas, even though my Uncle was on the outs so to speak with the family, he came anyway. I began researching and talking to my Uncle about Catholicism and found that I was drawn to it as it answered a lot questions that I had. In 2005 I was Confirmed in the RCC much to my family's chagrin. I went for years and years, but as time went by, and I grew in my Spiritual Life and learned more about the Church, I realized there was more and more that wasn't aligning within me concerning the Church. I fell away and didn't attend Church for years. I just felt Spiritually burned out. Not a good thing, but that's where I was at. A very good friend of mine who is an Episcopalian had been after me for years to visit her Church. But that was a no, no as far as the RCC was concerned. A couple of months ago she asked me again to join her in Church. Since I was not going anywhere anymore I was like, sure. I'll go with you. So I attended my first Episcopal Liturgy. I fell in love with it and have been attending every Sunday for almost 2 months now. I find that TEC is much in alignment to where I'm at spiritually now. I won't go into all the pros and cons about why I left the RCC and am now attending TEC. I'm no theologian for sure. I'm just a basic, simple person. I'm now disabled with MS and when I have flairs it really gives me the brain fog. So, it's taking me a while to get it all straight in my head. But I'm getting there and the Parish has some great people in it. They are very supportive, friendly and warm. I feel more and more at home the more I attend Mass. And I guess that's about it.

Please forgive me if my post seems to ramble or if use words out of alignment. I try my best to proofread before hit the post button. That is an unfortunate side effect of my disease. But I diligently work on focusing and trying my best to get my feelings out in a half way understandable fashion. ;)

I hope to gain more knowledge and understanding as the days go by here on the Forums.

Be Blessed!

2. Magistos

Magistos Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    I think that you did just fine. Thank you for sharing part of your story, and I am glad that you are here. :)

Welcome!

Botolph and mediaque like this.
  3. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    Thank you! I try. Don't know how much I'll be posting, but I'll certainly be doing a lot of reading for sure! :)

4. Fidei Defensor

Fidei Defensor Active Member

Kingdom of Heaven
    Religion:
    Christian
    Thank you for sharing your faith journey.

Welcome to the Forums.

mediaque likes this.