New Guy

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Othniel, Jun 22, 2021.

1. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    That article will show you how there wsa wide views of how Article 29 should be interpreted and how the Lutheran View is 100% acceptable as an Anglican.

2. Othniel

Othniel Active Member Typist

Canada
    Religion:
    Christian
    Quickly glancing through the article shared, I agree that Smalcald and Augsburg read very similarly to the Articles of Religion. However, Lutheran doctrine as found in the book of Concord also includes the Saxon Visitation Articles of 1592 (not mentioned in that article) which clearly condemn the writing of Articles 28 and 29.

Reference: https://bookofconcord.org/sources-and-context/saxon-visitation-articles/

3. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    And the Articles were seen as problematic from the puritan standpoint also since they abolished them under the puritan commonwealth

oh well?

4. Othniel

Canada
    Religion:
    Christian
    So I find myself a Loyalist North American, convinced Scripturally and Historically of the English formularies.

anglican74 likes this.
  5. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the lively discussions.

Could you say to what the first two abbrevitions in your OP refer? Perhaps to North Americans they are obvious. However, I have no idea for what they stand. I do believe it useful to state someting in full on its first use and then to include its abbreviation in brackets after it.:D

6. Othniel

Canada
    Religion:
    Christian
    That is better practice that I do often follow- my bad!

I am looking at both the Anglican Network in Canada (ANic) and the Anglican Church of Canada (ACC or ACoC, depending on the writer).

7. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Thank you very much for clarifying that. I believe that Anglican Network in Canada is part of the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA). Is the latter the 'official'* Anglican church in Canada, that is, a full member of the Anglican Communion and in Communion with the See of Canterbury?

*I intend no insult to anyone with this adjective but cannot think of a more appropriate one at this precise moment. I am happy to read alternative suggestions.

8. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    if I understand correctly, ACoC is “the” historic Anglican church of Canada, what our ancestors would have belonged to in generations past, the one taken over by trans rainbow mafia currently

AniC is the grouping of exiles from the ACoC, under the oversight of ACNA over in the United States

9. Othniel

Canada
    Religion:
    Christian

This is correct, as is anglican74's reply.