Inquiries in the Court of High Commission

Discussion in 'Court of High Commission' started by Lowly Layman, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Christina

Christina Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican;Eastern Orthodox
    If you had said that in the first place I wouldn’t have been shocked or offended. I am as concerned as you are by some things that I hear and read. I do, however, feel that your response to me in the terms you made it was uncalled for and upsetting - a personal attack rather than a polite disagreement with my expressed view.

2. Tiffy

Tiffy Active Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    There is a great deal you don't get Stalwart and most of it has been taught by Christ. :) I suggest you cool it. :sweating: You are behaving like a bear with a sore head. What is really the matter?

Defending the faith is a laudable objective, but it is well to remember that "Defender of the Faith" was a title awarded Henry the Eighth, and he was hardly considered one of the 'good guys'.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  3. Christina

Christina Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican;Eastern Orthodox
    I also wasn’t saying that “too much” is being done (generally) in defence of the Christian faith - but in this particular case I felt the argument was going round in circles, getting nowhere and becoming unedifying.

4. Magistos

Magistos Moderator Staff Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    I'm going to day that personal attack was out of order. Nothing justified it.

It's a small step from being strong in defense of the faith to being thought police, attacking anyone with a different opinion.

I have strict commission to maintain order, not get into debates, so I will not comment on this thread.

But I will say it's possible to be firm and still charitable.

Tiffy and Christina like this.
  5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

In the interest of keeping the original Inquiry thread focused, the last few general comments have been moved into this general thread, which is about the idea of having Inquiries as such. Please put your concerns, appreciation, and commentary, here.

6. neminem

neminem Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Those that lack discernment, out of fear, tend to stick to rules and regulations instead of the Truth.
    Those that can discern the truth go deeper, as the Word does. They will be seen as a threat by the fearful. No wonder Jesus Christ got crucifed.

Relying on flesh is the same as relying on the pages of the written Word. Spirit is within as much as Truth is within the Word.

Most Christians will, at the End, realize they got it all wrong. That they relied on the wrong thing - their own fearful story about being a Christian.

Tiffy likes this.