I'm very scrupulous on women in orders, the eucharist, church history... Help me decide this

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by Toma, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Toma

Toma Well-Known Member Anglican

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Sean, thank you for the speech of confidence. You'd make a good general. ;)

The issue of infallibility of the Church/Pope/Councils has been the haunting subject at the back of my Christian conscience ever since I began to believe. I was quite sure that if there's only one Church and Jesus promised all truth would be given to it, then clearly it would never err (otherwise, Jesus Himself would be false!). To have to admit that there's always going to be error and fault in any church I can find, is the absolute final denial of the Roman/Eastern model. Maybe that's my scandal/obstacle to overcome.

One thing I am sure of: the music and order of worship in the Anglican Church for Mattins and Evensong moves my soul and brings incalculable blessings of heartfelt prayer. I am in love with this tradition beyond everything else, because of how centered it is on getting us to be jealous for the Name and Glory of Jesus. The Mass and the breviary never did that for me; the BCP does.

Gordon and Sean611 like this.
  2. Andy Cothran

Andy Cothran Active Member

united states
    Religion:
    protestant
    Consular i have ocd too i was diagnosed a few years ago its a constant battle for me ,, i certainly understand the lack of focus ..and how ,,

Gordon and Toma like this.