Free Anglican desktop images?

Discussion in 'Questions?' started by Kenmtb, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Kenmtb

Kenmtb New Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hi-
    Is there a place online that offers Christian images for free without watermarks.
    I really could use some inspiration on my PC.
    Thanks
    Ken

Cooper likes this.
  2. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    https://pixabay.com/ - Lots of photos

https://openclipart.org/ - lots of graphics

Neither of these are religion specific, however the great advantage is that they are both sharing economy sites with a real focus on quality.

As I am now also responsible for the Parish Weekly Bulletin I find myself on the endless search, and I also draw some of my own. Sometimes I will find a graphic in ordinary condition and not really good enough to use, and I will re-draw sometimes to get the idea of the image the way I want it. I normally use Xara for that task. Recently I have had a big focus on Monochrome Graphics. I have added a couple to the post if you want to use them.

4evangelists.png LambethQuadrilateral_Shade.png Mitre.png BuddedCross.png CompassRoseMono.png Canterbury_Palium.png Chalice_Hands_Host.png Mitre5.png IrishCross.png Wheat.png

Thomas Didymus, Scott and Cooper like this.
  3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    An idea: type "churches photos" into your search engine (I use duckduckgo) and save the ones you like. There are plenty of images spanning many websites, and few are watermarked. They wouldn't post the pics if they didn't want you to look at and enjoy them.... as long as you don't use them for anything else. This is not Anglican-specific, but it's inspirational.

For example, when I did that search I came across a web page with just Iowa churches: https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/iowa/beautiful-churches-ia/
    Plenty more to see....

Also, here's a photo I took with fisheye lens of a monastery in Eagle River, Michigan. Folks can feel free to copy it for personal use if they wish.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Scott likes this.
  4. Cooper

Cooper Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    Botolph,

Your graphics bless us. Thank you for sharing.

:tiphat:

Cooper

Scott likes this.
  5. Scott

Scott New Member

United States
    Religion:
    Orthodox Episcopal
    Thank you for sharing these.

6. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    SevenBothers.jpg For those looking for graphics generally I recommend pixabay.com, and I recommend creating an account when you do. I share graphics there, as it represents something of the sharing economy, and I also comfortably use graphics from there, knowing that I have contributed as well. You can search for lots of classic ideas, and will get some choices. The think I like about the site is that they only accept high quality graphics, so what I borrow from the site is generally very useable.

As I seem to have inherited the task of the weekly bulletin, and the parish magazine, and don't seem to be able to hand them on in Covid times , I have had a particular focus of monochrome images for that purpose. I currently have 380 images in my monochrome folder, and that collection is growing.

This gospel got me wondering about drawing the family tree, hence the graphic. For us in Australia or our three years cycle of readings this is from the Gospel for next Sunday.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Thomas Didymus likes this.