CofE and the fate of Established Churches

Discussion in 'Church Strands (Anglo-catholics & Evangelicals)' started by Ananias, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA
    Story: When a church fails.

This is the main danger of commingling church and state. When the state loses its religion, so does the established church.

Carolinian likes this.
  2. Legion

Legion Member

Tl:dr: Tosh.

3. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I agree. The Church has gradually moved from teaching the secular world about faith and morality to be taught these thigs by the secular state.

In my teens when I was an altar server my rector was very much in favour of separating church and state and I very much agree with that viewpoint. However, I think it far too late for this to help the Church of England. She has moved too far into the realms of promoting social justice and the latest secular memes whilst abandoning scripture, theology and morality.

Carolinian likes this.
  4. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA
    There is yet a faithful remnant that will carry the Anglican flame forward, both inside and outside England. God will see to it that his church continues. Never fear!

Remember that all those lost souls in the word are not the enemy; they are the mission field. Our task is to go out preach the Gospel to them, so that the Holy Spirit may act on them and bring them back to Christ.

Dave Kemp and Othniel like this.