Christmas traditions

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by anglican74, Dec 26, 2021.

1. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    do any of you have fun family christmas traditions you can share? for instance I am making fun plans for the days of christmas, so we have fun cartoons to watch, fun places to go to on every day of christmas

Also, my wife has made an amazing duck, for christmas

Lowly Layman likes this.
  2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Chinese food every Christmas Eve!

3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    If it walks like a duck,
    and quacks like a duck,

it's still raw! :laugh:

Lowly Layman likes this.
  4. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    A Christmas tradition we have, and I am not sure how much longer it will last, was for my family and old family friends to get together, eat, and sing. We call our selves the Von Crapp singers because we are horrible. I did not go this year, not because of covid, but because the person who hosted it house is so nasty that I can't take the kids there but we think of her as family. Normally the person who hosted it is now dying and might not even make it to the new year. She is in her 90's .

Lowly Layman likes this.
  5. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

That sounds like a wonderful tradition! I'm sorry to hear about your friend's ill health. I'll keep her in my prayers. I hope there will be many Von Crapp Christmas concerts to come. :D

6. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Thank you. I guess I should clarify the so dirty comment. She is like an aunt to me but she has about 10 cats and all other sorts of animals coming and going in her house. I just could not trust the kids on the floor with all the dirtyness. Hopefully next year we will figure it out again.

Lowly Layman and Stalwart like this.
  7. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    We had all our parents and in-laws for a wonderfully warm Christmas dinner. The kids loved to play with the gramps; all 3 generations were represented, the apartment was jam-packed with people. Lots of conversation, kids squealing, the wife made another incredible dinner (all grandmas did really). It was one for the ages, everyone commended how great the evening went. I don't have good celebrations planned out for the rest of Christmastide yet -- that is something I am trying to ameliorate as our family gets deeper into our Christian faith.

8. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Yeah, they might decide to try eating one of those "tootsie rolls" they found on the rug.... :laugh: