Christian responses to US Politics

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Tiffy, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

Several posts have had to be recently deleted, for inflammatory content. Just a fair warning that any such inflammatory content posted from here on out will be deleted, and users banned after one warning. This is not a website where people will be harassed because of something so secondary as temporal politics. If you treat politics as more important than religion, then there are other better sites for that.

May the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God, and of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord: And the Blessing of God Almighty, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, be amongst you, and remain with you always.

2. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Reading up on the Data Integrity Group, they're a bunch of computer nerds who love to crunch data. Some liberals and some conservatives, all coming together on this project to satisfy their curiosity about the why and how of it. They have kept everything open-source and available for any other comers who want to compare results. It has taken them all this time just to get some depth on two states, but their overview work shows about 15 states in all with significant anomalies; they have put in thousands of man-hours on the project and just haven't had the manpower to go further yet.

Honestly, I don't expect anything to change as far as the upcoming inauguration. "Too little, too late." However, learning what happened and how it happened may help us in the future.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  3. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    I'm all for that. We seriously need to reform our voting system here in the UK too, but I wouldn't trust the Tories to do it on their own. It would need an all party commission to ensure the votes in any new system are truly representative and return a representative proportion of candidates to government.

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    No follower of his 'SHOULD' ever, not 'could' ever, 'SHOULD' ever.

THAT would have been a call to stop the violence rather than an excuse for what has already taken place and a denial that it was followers of HIS that could have possibly done it.

Words are carefully chosen and important and 'should' means something very different than 'could'.

Christians should be glad however that the President of the USA could broadcast this statement to the nation and he has done what he should have done. In many less FREE nations throughout the world he would have been censored and silenced by the state. Not in the USA yet, we are pleased to see.

5. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
  6. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    At least the dude was honest when he said that they, the Democrats, are "trying to get control of a critical mass of you." Conservatives believe in minimal government interference and freedom to live one's life as one sees fit, but Democrats are all about controlling everybody.

That's where I stopped listening to the brainwashed dude. Folks in the US, authoritarianism is just around the corner. Prepare for mandated masks mandated vaccinations, mandated shutdowns, limitations on travel, and even more disregard (than we've already witnessed) for the limitations which the Constitution places upon government intrusion and control. And for those of you in UK, EU, and elsewhere.... you're seeing authoritarianism come even faster than we are.
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/PhAY96MueUTQ/

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Stalwart likes this.
  7. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    To attend Church here we are now required to log-on with the QR-Code Reader using the Service NSW App on your Smart Phone. I have acquiesced to this on the basis of the Public Health Justification - essentially because in the current circumstance that is the loving thing to do. What I wonder is if we will still be doing it once the Public Health Justification has ceased to be relevant. I am concerned about intrusive government, and all that goes with it. I watched a really interesting report from India the other day decrying the big tech shut down of DJT on the grounds that it is beyond the purview of the Big Tech companies to determine what is in the Public Interest and what is not.

Our State Premier announced today that she thought it would be reasonable to expect patrons of pubs and clubs to be vaccinated, given there has been quite a bit of transmission in those venues, and sometimes people in those venues for some time can forget to be socially distant. I will almost certainly be going to get vaccinated when it becomes available for me, because I believe it is the loving thing to do. I am not sure how I feel about it being mandated.

Rexlion and Stalwart like this.