Christian responses to US Politics

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Tiffy, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    You missed the double entendre. In the US (at least), "going postal" is a euphemism for going berserk, ever since (a few years back) some idiot got irate inside a post office and started shooting. And indeed, progressive Dems seem (statistically) far more likely to engage in violence during demonstrations than conservative Republicans.

2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    I did miss the double entendre. indeed. I assumed it was a reference to the Terry Pratchet novel of the same name, but couldn't understand the implication.

That's a relief then! I suppose we will see Republicans quitely observing the constitutional rights of the incoming President Elect to a dignified and unobstucted handover of power, without the outgoing potus's supporters taking violently to the streets in knee jerk support of him.

I hope you are right. The Democrats should have nothing to demonstrate about violently if the constitution suffers no violations from squatters in positions of power, as is so often the case in tin pot dictatorships across the globe when the poeple speak but the leader ignores them. Where was the most recent case of it now? Belarus wasn't it?

That kind of thing couldn't happen in the USA could it. :rolleyes:

3. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Are you telling me that even if fraud was involved, the media could not construct a plausible narrative of why it was inevitable all along?... If Trump proves fraud, then the media will claim they knew nothing about it, and if he succumbs, then the media will claim they knew it all along! The wiki is just a user-edited page which presents a plausible after-the-fact narrative, whether based on teh facts or not...

Let's remember that after the Nov. 2000 election, the media was ready with its plausible argument for why Gore was always going to win all along, and ran with these graphics:

networks.span.jpg

And after the 1945 US election, the newspapers called it for Dewey... They had the plausible narrative ready, and everything! But here is the actual, eventual winner Truman, pictured here:

deweywins.jpg

Dewey_Defeats_Truman436.jpg

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Can we now say that the fat lady has sung?

Or is she still warming up for the last chorus of Hail to the Chief as he heads for the exit?

But wait! He's still there. Quick, Republicans, shut that fat singer up before she can finish the song or else we'll all go to hell in a handcart.

:biglaugh: :rofl:

America, such a laugh!

5. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Um, what has changed from yesterday? Was another state licensed by the federal election commission? No...

For that matter was any state licensed as having completed its process? No!.

Was the vote count even finished in Pennsylvania? No, there are 100k outstanding ballots and Biden is leading by 20k...

So what has changed was that a few US media companies "declared" Biden as the winner, and a few Western European anti-Trump countries jumped on the wandwagon to stick it to Trump and "recognize" Biden, for something he hasn't even won yet.....

Lole you are quick for the laughs, aren't you

6. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Living in hope of a slightly saner world. :laugh:

7. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    No one is suggesting that Biden will Take Alaska!

Pennsylania Count.jpg

However as Trump would need 80% of the outstanding votes to gain Pennsylvania, the most likely outcome is that suggested by those in the media, it will be a Biden win. Currently Biden leads in Pennsylvania by 37,355 votes. That is a margin of 0.6%, which is certainly not rock solid politically, however the most likely outcome on a recount would be the same. The alternative is to suggest that 1 in 200 votes has been miscounted all in the same direction, and if that was the case then a number of officials would be guilty of a most outrageous fraud and collusion, which is unlikely.

None the less I am also aware that the 45th has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, and quite frankly for his significant contribution to the peace process in the Middle East, I think he should get it.

humpty-dumpty.jpg

8. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    On the contrary, I am pretty sure that if they extend the ballot count in Alaska for another month, Biden will pull ahead.... :biglaugh:
    After all, the Dems can only produce so many fake ballots per day. ;)

Yes, precisely what numerous reports (from people who were assigned to observe and have been prevented, as well as ordinary citizens checking voter rolls for dead people and other irregularities) are suggesting.

In Michigan, they've found the oldest voter on the rolls (whose name appears as having mailed in his ballot!) in this entire election, born in 1850. Too young to serve in the Civil War, which is probably how he survived to the overripe age of 145. But of course that isn't evidence of hanky-panky to any Trump-hating Democrat; to them the end justifies the means.

https://americanconservativemedia.c...-oldest-human-alive-including-1-born-in-1850/

Another thing, many Michigan counties (and many places across the US) are utilizing a computer system for ballot tabulations, and computer programs can be hacked. It may, if noticed, by chalked up by the service provider as a system 'glitch,' of course... such as in Antrim County, which is heavily GOP and which Dominion's tabulating service said that Biden had won; when suspicions were aroused, Dominion said that it was just a glitch. But how many 'glitches' have gone unnoticed?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  9. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
  10. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    [He] "should not concede under any circumstances because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually, I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is," Hillary Clinton said in August.

Trump should not concede while the recounts and legal cases are being resolved. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

11. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hey, I am all for his having his day in court, however I am astonoshed!!! At the apparent widespread lack of faith in the electoral processes and the Americans who carry out the role of vote counting etc. I don't understand why you do not have, as many democracies do, a national government funded a-political electoral commission. Then every one has to play fair.

12. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Botolph, I don't know why we don't, either. Except to say that all branches of government have been infiltrated; "the fix is in," as the saying goes. The CIA is completely taken over and has been for decades, but few people have believed this. The population prefers to be happy and believe that all is normal, all is well (human nature).

But all is not lost, perhaps, on this election. See this regarding the CIA's "Hammer" and "Scorecard":

The book, The Killing of Uncle Sam, explains in great detail how the elites are structured as 'circles within circles,' with only the top inner circle having full knowledge and all details of the game plan.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  13. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    "When fate is cruel to us, let us be kind to one another." : Johnathan Sacks. Chief Rabbi, UK. R.I.P

14. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Can any of you remember how soon during the count did Trump declare himself President. I seem to remember he had very slim majorities in many states and legal challenges over 'hanging chads' etc, yet he worked on the assumption that the system was 'fair and square'. Seems he was either wrong about the system or only peeved if he loses by a short head at the finishing post, not if he won by one.

He knows that if his supporters distrust the electoral system itself, they will also distrust the recounts and legal challenge outcomes. The man sows discord for personal gain and party advantage, playing the divide and rule, misinformation game, right to the end.

Terrible two's toddler tantrams. No one has ever said no to him and not been seen by him as an enemy, he's never learned to accept anything happening in the real world outside his head which in reality, is not to his liking.

He is like the boxer in Paul Simon's famous song. "The fighter still remains". Even if the evidence proves Biden won, Trump still won't believe it and will encourage his followers to similarly reject the truth of the situation rather than graciously accept "The Will of The People".

Not just a loser but also a bad loser. Inexcusable!

I'm just relieved that grammar is back again in the Whitehouse now.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  15. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
  16. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    In any in depth inquiry into dodgy individual ballots there will be fraudulent ballots found on both sides. Obviously not all voters are honest, God fearing, responsible, upright citizens. Some are even mentally deranged and yet still have the right to cast their ballot.

The 'evidence' that Trump supporters need to 'reveal' will be THOUSANDS upon thousands of such ballots, and evidence of a conspiracy to organise ballot forgery on an industial scale.

If such a prospect is a possibility in your country then I can only conclude that President Trump also assumed it might be advantageous to him not to have dealt with the threat to democracy sooner and in his term of office.

So as far as widespread interference with elections in the USA is concerned, tell it to the Russians.

17. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    When even Fox News says Biden has won, you'd better believe it or lose your grip on reality and book a bed in the funny farm.

This is how the Irish see it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  18. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hanging Chads were the big thing in George W. Bush's first election in 2000.

19. Curious

Curious New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    My first post and I'm with you in hoping sanity will be restored to America soon.

20. Curious

Curious New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Sadly 70 million voted for Donald Trump so clearly they still need a lot of prayer.