Can the Episcopal Church be brought back?

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by anglican74, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Cooper

Cooper Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    Anglican74,
    Thank you for your post above (March 18, 2018).

Cooper

2. Cooper

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    Flanders,
    The photos in the links you posted are truly miraculous. For myself, I often seek out quiet and secluded places of prayer, as did our Lord Jesus. One such place was a clothes closet in my home, which I emptied and installed a prie deux (prayer bench), a holy place where I spent many hours in the dark on my knees.

Cooper
    :pray3:

3. Cooper

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    Thank you for including a holy signature in your posts.

4. Cooper

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    Anglican04,
    Your post certainly leads to prayer and contemplation.
    Thank you.

Cooper
    :gnight:

5. Cooper

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    Cameron,
    Thank you for your post.
    Cooper

6. Cooper

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    Joe Laughon,
    Thank you for your signature -- "Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you." -- George Whitfield.

Cooper
    Sometimes I feel the need to be a monk in a beehive cell on Skellig Michael.

7. Cooper

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    A few years ago I switched from TEC to ACNA here in my place in the wilderness (Kentucky). I really wanted the switch in place to be God's will for my path here on planet Earth. I got cold feet or something. I lost sight of the ancient path. Now I stumble to be back where I was.

Cooper
    :hmm:

8. Cooper

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    Amen.

9. Cooper

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    I personally want to do what I can to help bring about what Saint Aidan and other Saints also believed. But it is such a hard thing to do. Lately, I have been reflecting on the book Brideshead Revisited: The Sacred and Profane Memories of Captain Charles Ryder, by Evelyn Waugh.

Epilogue of Brideshead Revisited, which was posted on Wikipedia in 2012.
    "The plot concludes in the early spring of 1943 (or possibly 1944 – the date is disputed). Charles is "homeless, childless, middle-aged and loveless". He has become an army officer and finds himself unexpectedly billeted at Brideshead, which has been taken into military use. He finds the house damaged by the army, but the private chapel, closed after Lady Marchmain's death in 1926, has been reopened for the soldiers' worship. It occurs to him that the efforts of the builders – and, by extension, God's efforts – were not in vain, although their purposes may have appeared, for a time, to have been frustrated."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brideshead_Revisited

I have an Audible version of Brideshead Revisited on my Kindle to listen to when I finish the current listen on Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.