Aussie Military Trucks Transfer Covid Patients To Quarantine Camp

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by bwallac2335, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    "Universal immunization" will never happen. It simply won't. There will always be people who refuse the Covid jabs.

And people have reasonable bases for refusal. A study including 840,000 people in Sweden showed that Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines lose their positive protection efficacy by the 7 month mark, and thereafter they provide negative protection. In other words, once people take the jab, they must continue to take the boosters every 5-6 months for the rest of their lives in order to avoid becoming even more susceptible than they would have been if they'd never taken jab #1.

Additional data from Sweden, which compared 4 million people who've gotten 2 doses with 6 million who have not, found that the death rates are 20% higher than normal for double-vaxxed people in the 2 week period following the second jab.

Coronaviruses have always been around. They're not going away. Many people would rather count on natural resistance, obtained by recovering from the virus itself, than chance the unknown and untested effect of multiple mRNA shots perhaps as often as every six months until death.

2. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Despite what we were told during 2020, the Covid vaccines don't stop people from carrying the virus, coming down with the virus, transmitting the virus, or dying from the virus. The Covid vaccines don't do any of those things we were promised they would do. They lied to us. But that doesn't stop hopeful people from trusting the new claims made by the erstwhile liars. Some folks should be reminded of the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!"

3. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    Mine was intended as a statement of principle, not prophecy. People can be compelled, but historically nature has tended to succeed where rational self-interest has either failed or acted too slowly. The only reason the human race exists at all is because prior deadly diseases literally killed off whoever was vulnerable to them, leaving only those with natural immunity to pass on their genes to the next generation. The trouble is that in the case of the bubonic plague, possibly a third of the entire human population at the time had to die for immunity to be achieved. A regime of compulsory immunization, if implemented, would be a far, far more humane - and indeed a far more pro-life - approach.

4. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    This is a series of Straw Men and is not accurate. Receiving two doses of the Pfizer vaccine is over 90% effective at preventing hospitalizations from COVID. Deaths are rarer still. I’ll take those odds.

Not all vaccines are created equal. Their effectiveness depends on how quickly the virus in question evolves. Coronaviruses tend to evolve quite rapidly. We were extremely lucky to be able to develop any effective vaccines at all for COVID, let alone ones as effective as they have proven to be.

In my view, decades of right-wing misinformation regarding evolutionary science is the direct cause of right-wing misunderstanding, skepticism, and denialism about vaccines and how and why they work. Where one goes, so, it seems, goes the other.

5. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I would like to think that "the only reason the human race exists at all" has more to do with the will and preserving power of God than anything else. :) I think it might be said that all healing power comes from God, including the thing we call "natural" immunity (the way our bodies were created to fight off diseases), although because we live in a fallen world that immune response is not always effective. We certainly have good reason to use medical knowledge and all of that. Yet it seems to me that mentioning the bubonic plague in a discussion of the current topic can only be for inflammatory and/or hyperbolic purposes. :hmm:

6. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Lest we forget, there is a good reason why the right-wing is called "right-wing." :laugh: And why the other wing got left. :cheers:

Invictus likes this.
  7. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    LOL. Where would we be without a little humor? :laugh:

Rexlion likes this.
  8. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Yeah, it would be all to easy to get over-excited and nit-pick each other to pieces. Ehh, what's the use? :)

Invictus likes this.
  9. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    I agree! :cheers: