Article XIX. Of the Church & Article XX. Of the Authority of the Church

Discussion in 'Sacraments, Sacred Rites, and Holy Orders' started by Anna Scott, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! I sort of thought that it was too long after I finished typing :D, but I really wanted to get those thoughts down for my own benefit too. There's not an easy way to approach this issue. That's why I think that the best thing to do (for now, at least) is to maintain our beliefs and practices without wavering. It really is up to the orthodox remnant in TEC to show the world what the Church teaches, because leaders who promote heresy are incapable of doing so. As I said on a recent discussion of the Episcopate here, that failure does not unmake a bishop. Bishops' authority is real, and their ordinations/eucharists/etc are not invalidated by sin or false teaching. But they don't have the authority to declare heresy as new truth. Much of the responsibility to share the truth seems to have fallen to us, as we wait for the Lord to restore our part of the Church with better leadership.

2. Anna Scott

Anna Scott Well-Known Member

Adam,
    Your post was not too long at all. It's a complicated issue. I absolutely agree that it is up to the "orthodox remnant of TEC to show the world what the Church teaches." Indeed, our leaders are incapable of doing so. Heresy usually collapses on its own lies. Seems like that has happened throughout history.

Thanks so much, Adam!
    Anna

3. Anna Scott

Anna Scott Well-Known Member

On a more narsasistic note, I kinda like that title. :D Lady Anna has a nice ring to it. lol