Andrew Klavan, famous commentator, becomes Anglican, joins ACNA

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by Stalwart, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    He's one of the editors of the Daily Wire, one of the biggest conservative media brands in the US right now. It's a pretty amazing story:

"My Absurd Struggle to Find a Non-Woke Church"

Carolinian likes this.
  2. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    I wouldn’t be too proud of that connection. Anyone who cares about the pursuit of the truth for its own sake ought to steer clear of the Daily Wire.

3. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
  4. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    I’m afraid you’re straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel if that’s the position you want to take here. Snopes is and always has been a fact-checking website (and a helpful one at that). I suppose since truth has a liberal bias, it would only be perceived as “propaganda” by dogmatic right-wingers.

5. ZachT

ZachT Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I'm sure plenty of what this editor says in other articles/videos is false, but just like truth said by Snopes is truth, truth said by a Daily Wire editor is truth. The article he quoted from the Times is concerning for the reasons he says it is, it does demonstrate a specific Austin preacher is blinded by a terrible ego, and it doesn't matter who it is saying that or what their incentives might be.

I don't understand the ACNA/TEC dichotomy as well as either of you do, but what I take from this video is that this person has been failed by The Episcopal Church, and that should be acknowledged by TEC if the divide is ever to be reconciled (which should be both parties distant objectives. Think about who in the Bible might want a permanent schism. It means a large number of your brothers are taking a more rocky path to salvation). The Anglican Way means there should be a church that meets his needs. There ought to be progressive Anglo-Catholic service churches. There ought to be conservative evangelical service churches. There ought to be moderate, broadchurch service churches. There ought to be churches with male clergy for those that have difficulty with WO. That diversity should be maintained in the diocese for a very long period of time - until all disputes are almost entirely resolved. That a particular diocese has been dominated by a particular subset of Anglican theology demonstrates an abject failure by that diocese to maintain the Anglican tradition, and that should be corrected.

EDIT: For clarity, I mean religiously conservative and religiously progressive. Obviously who the pastor giving the sermon votes for doesn't matter at all.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  6. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day. If something is true, I’m far more likely to find it reported elsewhere than the Daily Wire. So the fact that they may say true things from time to time is no indication of their reliability in that area. I’m still going to fact check it if it came from them.