A little more background

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by Barnaby, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Barnaby

Barnaby Member

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Christian
    Pretty much what the priest told me on Saturday. My only action at the moment is to seek God's will and await results. It's frustrating not being part of a Christian community in a more formal and committed way and I want to share in the Eucharist fairly soon and make some sort to contribution to Church life, but I'm beginning to relax a little and I realise I have been obsessing about getting the denominations and procedures right as if I had to pass a test. I guess it's my fear of being rejected or not being good enough. :sweating:

Anyway, I'm relying on God to see me through as long as I'm open to his words for me

Rexlion likes this.
  2. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    That (Eucharist policy) is one of the things I didn't like about the Baptist church near my house. I wasn't welcome at their communion table unless I were baptized by them (a 3rd time for me, mind you!). To me it said they didn't consider me a brother in the Lord even though I know I am one. Same thing with the Orthodox, so I would feel off-put in their church as well. By contrast, when I first attended my current (ACNA Anglican) parish, they announced both verbally and in the bulletin that communion was open to all baptized believers; I felt welcomed as a Christian believer there, and I'm still there.

DavidT and Tiffy like this.