Meaning of ordination...?

Discussion in 'Questions?' started by grace, Sep 14, 2023.

1. grace

grace New Member

UK
    Religion:
    Christianity
    Hi all,

I was asked these questions belows and I gave my answers, but this week I have been reflecting on these questions more and I am trying to come to a final definitions. Would you be able to help and give your reasoning?

What does it mean to be ordained?
    What does ordination mean to you?

Thank you,

2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    James 3:1 "Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, for you know that we who teach shall be judged with greater strictness."

Ordination is the official empowerment by annointing, of the church of Christ on earth, to teach and lead by example in obedience to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. A special privelidge accorded to an ordained minister , (or priest) is to preside at the Eucharist on behalf of the redeemed congregation. A special responsibility of an ordained minister is the cure, (care), of souls, (i.e. "Feed my (Christ's) sheep" ).

3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I will add: to be ordained is to be set apart for the work of ministry (service) to Christ's flock and to those who might become part of the flock. It is a recognition of the call of God on one's life. And for the ordained person, it is an act (and a sign) of submission to Christ as well as to those whom He has placed over the person.