Will you guys forgive me, please?

Discussion in 'Family, Relationships, and Single Life' started by strelitziaflower, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:47 AM.

Tags:
  1. strelitziaflower

strelitziaflower Member

South Africa
    Religion:
    Roman Catholic
    I am a devout Roman Catholic; I used to use Catholic Answers Forum a lot and did grow a little there. However, very unfortunately, I still suffer from heavy scruples and depression.

Scruples in the eyes of a Roman Catholic is a bit different, you must understand.

I feel terrible for my arrogant posts; I am really wasting your time and possibly irritating you?

I really thought this forum would help, but I see that this struggle of mine, with psychiatric help I am currently seeking, is possibly a struggle I will have for life.

Please forgive me.

2. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    You are welcome among us, we are enriched by your presence. We are in the main people who stand in the great tradition of Anglican Spirituality, which stands independently of the Roman Catholic Tradition. We adhere in the main to the same creed, we focus our attention and worship on the same Lord, and we have different approaches to a number aspects of our shared faith. The origins of English Spirituality lie in tmes before the Augustinian Mission, yet despite the stresses and the strains we face in the current era, Canterbury still holds a special place in Anglican Hearts.

We are all here to live and learn, and help each other on the journey. Part of the key to that is always going to be found in mutual respect.

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Self-Control, Faithfulness

3. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Welcome. PLEase stay. There was and is nothing to forgive

Rexlion likes this.
  4. Annie Grace

Annie Grace Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    This is one of the reasons (I have many) why I left the Roman Catholic Church and became an Anglican. The heavy focus of sin seems to lead a lot of people into scruples about everything they do or say. Of course, there is usually an underlying mental illness involved (OCD for example) but the RC church just feeds that obsession about every little sin (is it venial or is it mortal, etc).

I hope you find peace here.

Br. Thomas likes this.
  5. CRfromQld

CRfromQld Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    We have some things in common
    • I suffer from depression
    • I'm seeing a psychologist
    • I sometimes say things I regret
    Let's both stay.

6. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Forgive you for what?

I don't think you should leave the forum. I think it's best use would be for you to pose questions about faith, particularly Anglicanism, or to participate in threads other members have started.

It really isn't the place for your mental health to be dealt with. That's very must best left to the professional care of your psychaitrist.

May be just some careful thought prior to posting is all that's required rather than leaving the forum.

Br. Thomas, Invictus and Annie Grace like this.