Who is the more powerful intercessor (esp for defense from demons and Satan) Mary or Angel Michael?

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by DarthJupiter, Sep 18, 2020.

1. DarthJupiter

DarthJupiter New Member

One person who is episcopal claims that Archangel Michael is the most powerful being God ever made and thus all seeking protection should seek Michael.

However so many Catholics prefer to call Mary when it comes for protection and petitions in general from health healing to good luck. In fact some exorcists use Hail Mary more than the Michael prayer.

I am wondering who is the more powerful one against Satan and demons? The episcopal guy I refer to claims asking Mary for intercession is OK but doesn't really do anything while Michael is pretty much the most powerful being in the universe after God and Jesus. But Mary is so revered in the Church they even believe Mary's presence alone hurts Satan and all demons to flee in terror and there's a portrait of Mary punching a demon.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  2. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Jesus; who sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. The Logos, the consubstantial Son, and the Word eternal.

Dave Kemp, tstor, Cooper and 3 others like this.
  3. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Dear friend @DarthJupiter (Cool name!)

@Stalwart is absolutely right. In the face of demonic attack it is Our Lord's name you should call upon, as the Scriptures demonstrate.

Luke 10:17 - "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name."

Acts 16:18
    - "But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour."

Saints will pray with with you and for you, and their prayers are effective, but it is only by the mighty name of Our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ that all demons flee.