Where are our role models today?

Discussion in 'Personal Advice, Care & Prayers' started by Khater, May 21, 2016.

1. Khater

Khater Member

United States
    Religion:
    Traditional Catholic-SSPX
    In the early 1900s, there were people like J.P Morgan ( a devout Episcopalian and successful businessman) and J. D Rockefeller ( a devout Baptist, successful businessman, and philanthropist) Then you had Charles Lindbergh, who was the first to cross the Atlantic( although he had a complicated private life) As a 17 year old guy today, who am I supposed to look to as a role model in the mainstream? Some selfish ball player like Lebron James? Some greedy Atheist businessman like Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates? Some degenerate singer like Beyoncé? All of these people are greedy degenerates, who in truth have accomplished nothing.( they certainly haven't done anything for the glory of God) Where are our Morgan's, Rockefellers, and Lindberghs? Where are our role models today?

2. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Happy Anglican
    Khater,

They are everywhere. You do not have to aim high to find a faithful follower of Christ as a role model. Maybe it is the husband who nurses his
    disabled wife when others have said put her in an institution for her sake. Maybe it is the business woman who influences her small corner
    of the world by hiring people and her good charity work. Maybe it is the mom and or dad who go through life taking care of their kids, parents
    and volunteering every chance they get.

blessings

Fr. Mark

3. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    In terms of the men you mentioned, there are plenty of heroic and titanic men today.

Elon Musk is one such a man. He inspires me tremendously. If you've read what he did with starting SpaceX, and starting Tesla Motors, and doing it at the same time, you wouldn't be able to walk away unchanged.

I hate to be a cliche but Steve Jobs is another giant by any measure. Even the movies where he's portrayed badly cannot fail to portray him heroically: I specifically have in mind the 2015 biopic Steve Jobs written by Aaron Sorkin.

Be inspired!