What do you think about 'The Free Church of England'?

Discussion in 'Questions?' started by Antony, Sep 13, 2019 at 12:45 PM.

1. Antony

Antony New Member

England
    I just discovered this outfit and their splinter 'Evangelical Connexion of The Free Church of England' and wondered what the members of this forum thought about them.

2. Will_

Will_ Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The Free Church of England, from what I understand, has orders that are recognized by the Church of England itself, and it is in communion with the Reformed Episcopal Church and thereby has some connection to the ACNA. I have seen sermons from FCE clergy before and they have been pretty good. They might be a good alternative for someone living in the UK and close to one of their parishes.

I don't know anything about the "Evangelical Connexion", though.

3. Symphorian

Symphorian Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    Anglican, CofE
    I'd not heard of them until quite recently. From their website it appears that they're quite a small body in England with around 20 churches.

The nearest congregation to me is two hours drive away. Had one been nearer I might've considered visiting out of curiosity.

There's an interesting (but older) thread on another religious forum including input from a former FCE minister:

http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=022976

Will_ likes this.
  4. Will_

Will_ Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    That thread you referenced is quite interesting. I got some of my information from Wikipedia at

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Church_of_England

but do wonder where that information came from after reading the "Ship of Fools" thread!