United Methodists Reject Motion on Sexuality

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Sean611, May 4, 2012.

1. Sean611

Sean611 Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    United Methodist General Conference has rejected a motion that would have altered the church's standing that homosexual practice is incompatible with Christian teaching to something much more ambigious and divisive. It appears that a coalition of U.S. evangelical Methodists, African Methodists, and other oversees members stopped the vote from passing, 53% to 47%. Of course, the liberals threw a huge fit and disrupted the whole conference.

Although this is wonderful news, I still say it's a matter of time before the liberals find a way to side step the Africans and evangelicals. Liberals love the African memebers when it comes to photo ops to show how diverse they are, yet they look down on Africans in just about every other way possible. The future of Methodism is in Africa, it's incredible that the liberal elements are willing to completely jepardize the health of the church over a divisive secular issue. Hopefully i'm wrong and the Africans keep the church on track.

http://www.standfirminfaith.com/?/sf/page/28768

Jerome likes this.
  2. Jerome

Jerome Member

U.S.
    Religion:
    Catholic in Exile
    Sean611,

You wrote:
    Right on. Christianity--and I mean real Christianity--is absolutely exploding in Africa because the Lord has given them an unquenchable thirst for the Gospel. For them, life truly does depend upon every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God. May God revive us with the same Spirit!

The mainline protestant denominations ought to quit prattling on with their vapid, hollow excuse for a Gospel and sit at the feet of the Africans--they just might learn something... ;)

The Dark Knight likes this.