United Methodist and Episcopalian Church Clergy Lead Prayer Rally to “Bless” Abortion Clinic

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by zimkhitha, Oct 13, 2015.

1. zimkhitha

zimkhitha Active Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    In Ohio, Reverend Laura Young says she believes pro-life protesters in front of Planned Parenthood and other abortion facilities have “misguided faith.” In fact, she thinks these clinics should be blessed, which is why she went out to an abortion facility called Pretermon October 8th in Cleveland. In 2014, Preterm was involved in the abortion-related deathof Lakisha Wilson.

Young explained her acceptance of abortion like this: “Christianity, like most faiths, is founded on love. Watching protesters shouting judgment and hate based on what they call religion is horrible. Is that loving God? Is that loving your neighbor as yourself?”

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/10/12/...y-lead-prayer-rally-to-bless-abortion-clinic/

Botolph and Spherelink like this.
  2. zimkhitha

zimkhitha Active Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    I must be missing something.

Spherelink likes this.
  3. Joshua119

Joshua119 Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic
    I'm not sure what life is like in South Africa, but this is a growing trend in the USA. We're not allowed to hurt anyone's feelings or tell others that they're wrong, and we're expected to support them when they make terrible decisions because Freedom. So far as I know, Christian tradition has always been opposed to abortion. Even churches that claim to be Sola Scriptura have almost universally opposed abortion. Now though, at least in America, churches are abandoning any and all pretense of tradition in favor of liberalism.

We're taught to love others, but nobody ever stops to ask the simple questions: Is it loving to allow adults to murder children? or is it loving to protest these slaughterhouses in defense of the defenseless? There are many ways to love and support someone going through an unwanted pregnancy, but blessing an abortion clinic is not one of them.

Peteprint and Spherelink like this.
  4. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    This is ridiculous. When you depart from God and embrace the teachings of The World, you embrace the teachings of the Prince of the World. Satan.

Peteprint and Joshua119 like this.
  5. zimkhitha

zimkhitha Active Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    It is becoming clearer that the women's ordination goes hand in hand with the liberal agenda and has nothing to do with theology. Those who separated from the AC may have foreseen these developments. I am a sinner who misbehaves a lot, however I do not want a church that is going to tell me that my "wrongs" are actually "right".

Peteprint, Andy and Spherelink like this.
  6. zimkhitha

zimkhitha Active Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    The NG Kerk (Dutch Reformed Church) here has just approvedthe blessing of same sex marriages. Things like these take time to have an impact here in South Africa because people are grounded in their own indigenous traditions. ACSA as a church has become liberal and seems to be tied to the hip with the Episcopal church, however I suspect that they fear that they'd lose a significant percentage of its members were it to publicly support abortion, same sex marriages etc.

Spherelink likes this.
  7. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    Amen!!

8. Joshua119

Joshua119 Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic
    This is exactly how I feel. People (in the US at least) stop going to church because they don't want to be told that they're sinners, so the churches simply change their policies to make particular sins okay. So many clergymen are sacrificing God on the altar of feelings.

I would much rather have a church that coaches me through the narrow gate than one that cheers me through the wide gate.