Torch Bearer

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by mediaque, Jul 17, 2019.

1. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    So, since I've been in the Church, I've joined the Alter Guild Team and am a Church Bell Ringer. Well, I've added to that being a Torch Bearer. This coming Sunday will be my first time. I've been through the training and been fitted for my alb. This coming Sunday will be my first time. I feel pretty good about it, however, there is nervousness as well. As I want to be as respectful as I can be plus I don't want to flub it. While I feel mostly confident that I'll do ok, anyone who feels led, please pray for me that I'm able to do justice to being Acolyte/Torch Bearer. It's mainly just nerves as it's my first time. But I've been trained rather well, so I feel I'll be ok. Just feeling a bit nervous. Ha! :o

Thanks in advance for thoughts and prayers. :)

Juliana and Botolph like this.
  2. Juliana

Juliana Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Anglican - Anglo-Catholic
    I expect you will be fine, especially as you have had proper training. To be able to help making a church service a wonderfully uplifting experience is a great privilege.

mediaque likes this.
  3. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    You'll do great :)
    In my experience everyone is super indulgent with a newbie, as I've seen crucifers leave the chancel too early (in the first verse of the recessional hymn), too late (the recessional ends while they're still processing down the nave!), and much more

It's all great, and thank you for your service

mediaque likes this.