The right way to understand the Blessed Virgin Mary

Discussion in 'Theology and Doctrine' started by Toma, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Franciscan - Anglican
    Why get angry what possible purpose does it achieve?
    You obviously have stuff going on in your life that drives you to use words like coward and hate and attack others ideals but that doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Anna Scott likes this.
  2. Robert

Robert Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (Anglo-Catholic)
    I don't know what the purpose of hatred, anger, or insulting people's beliefs are but it made me think of this particular passage. Hopefully it will edify everyone.

“Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offense, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.”

Gordon and Anna Scott like this.
  3. Anna Scott

Anna Scott Well-Known Member

Remembrance,
    I think it is important to work through some of your anger/hatred issues, whatever the source. These issues are affecting your ability to engage in charitable and respectful discussion.

It is possible to disagree, even strongly disagree, without insulting people who hold beliefs that differ from yours.

Anna

Robert and Gordon like this.
  4. Anna Scott

Anna Scott Well-Known Member

Thank you Robert!

Anna

Adam Warlock, Robert and Gordon like this.
  5. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Anna Scott likes this.
  6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

The initial offending reference has been removed. Folks, please refrain from condescending references.

Scottish Monk likes this.
  7. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Thank you.

...Scottish Monk

8. Toma

Toma Well-Known Member Anglican

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I suppose if five or six are offended by the words which were not intended to offend, popular vote will determine that they were intended to offend, after all.

Well, thank God for the Reformation and casting down idols. That's all I can add, now... there's not much more to say!

EDIT: I've decided to try the more diplomatic, ambassadorial route. Expect changes in persona and dealings.

9. Scottish Knight

Scottish Knight Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    If this discussion is going to be about revelations 12 I think it'll be handy to paste the passage here:

And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. 3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. 5 She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days. (rev 12)

There's a lot of symbolism here, so it should take us some time to wade through and understand it properly

Scottish Monk likes this.