St. Paul's House of Formation

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by S. DeVault, Jan 7, 2024.

1. S. DeVault

S. DeVault Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    At church today I was told about this program (St. Paul's House of Formation), and was asked if I'd like to join the "cohort" (local group) of this catechesis/theological formation program. I wanted to know if any one else has heard of it, or better yet, has gone through it. It sounds great, and I'd love to do it. Unfortunately, I don't believe I'd be able to come up with the funds for the starting semester, and don't feel right about applying for a scholarship that could go to a full time missionary/church planter. I wonder if their semesters run in such a way that a person may begin the course every semester, or if it simply goes through the entire curriculum once a year, and if I don't get on the bus now I'll have to wait. It's something that I'm praying about, and if convicted that it's something I should do would perhaps enquire about a scholarship. Like I said before, I was just wondering if anyone here knows more about it or has done it.

2. S. DeVault

S. DeVault Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Lowly Layman likes this.
  3. Othniel

Othniel Active Member Typist

Canada
    Religion:
    Christian
    I've only heard about it through their Word and Table podcast, and briefly considered applying. As much as I appreciate the information in the podcast, I find it far too focused on importing Roman and Eastern tradition rather than the depths of English thought from now back to the early church.

4. S. DeVault

S. DeVault Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I didn't know that they had a podcast, thanks for the information. The first unit of the first semester is titled the Anglican Way, but like I said I know next to nothing about it. I'm pretty new to ACNA, and happen to be looking for Anglican podcasts. I'm having coffee/lunch with the Reverend on Monday, maybe we'll discuss it more, but at this point just with the things I have going on and the price tag I'll probably take a pass on this semester