Should the Church of England close because of its history?

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by Andrewofthetribe, Nov 27, 2016.

1. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    It's a beautiful thing to feed the birds, if everyone had more compassion it would be a much better world. I guess all in all we just have to do the best with what we have...

Aidan and Madeline like this.
  2. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Christ's one, holy , Catholic and apostolic church is under attacks from both without and with in and by both natural and suprnatural causes

alphaomega likes this.
  3. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Absolutely Jay. God gave us huge responsibility when He made us stewards of our world

Madeline likes this.
  4. Andrewofthetribe

Andrewofthetribe New Member

Uk
    Religion:
    CofE
    Donald Trump has rubbished global warming but he forgets there has been no sign of life for millions and millions of space miles from NASA and all the telescopes of centuries.
    In my mind that makes this world very precious, we are surely an Ark millions of miles from any sign of life in the universe. Surely it's up to us all to keep our world alive, for the sake of life itself, its bigger than humankind.
    We have life itself in our hands, this is why I like feeding the birds. :D

Madeline likes this.
  5. Andrewofthetribe

Andrewofthetribe New Member

Uk
    Religion:
    CofE
    Yes it's a political upheaval of biblical proportions. I like to think of Moses parting the sea. The dividing of tribes. :D

6. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Absolutely. Amen

7. Christina

Christina Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican;Eastern Orthodox
    Without wishing to reopen the discussions on the history of the C of E, if anyone is interested in learning more about Foxe's book of martyrs, mentioned earlier in the thread, there is a good podcast on the topic from the BBC In Our Time - Religion series. The Programme is hosted by Melvyn Bragg and the book is discussed by three academics (of Church History, the History of Early Ideas and Book History respectively) from Oxford, London and Brunel Universities.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vy2dd

Madeline likes this.