SERA- Society for Eastern Rite Anglicanism

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by Ide, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Cameron

Cameron Active Member

Newfoundland
    Religion:
    Catholic
    We're thinking on that very same wavelength. I do not receive communion from women at the altar, unless she is an instituted Eucharistic minister (allowed to distribute the Body and Blood of Our Lord). Never from a female priest. And, it's not an issue of sexism or bigotry - its simply that women cannot receive orders, theologically.

Ide, Stalwart and DivineOfficeNerd like this.
  2. Ide

Ide Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    I fully agree with you. I myself am a woman, so it's not an issue of sexism or authority or misogyny. I simply don't agree with WO- I believe that deacons, priests and bishops should remain a male. The entire foundation of the church is set up as a marriage- sex and gender of male and female matter deeply to the Christian tradition. It's not arbitrary.

Now, if I go a Baptist church or a Non-denominational church and they have a woman preaching, I leave that up to them to decide how to handle the situation. In that case, it's not an issue of apostolic succession but Biblical interpretation. I'm also not a member of that community so I don't really have much valid input.

3. Fidei Defensor

Fidei Defensor New Member

Religion:
    Christian
    I’ve heard of this branching into other denominations like Eastern Orthodox Evangelicalism. I never knew there was a Eastern Anglicanism.

4. JoeLaughon

JoeLaughon Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Reformed High Anglican
    While it seems much of the response here has been negative, I will say that I think cautiously it can be a good development. Anglicanism is a missionary church and will eventually reach more into areas with a historically eastern or oriental presence (Ethiopia, the Near East, Eastern Europe). Adapting it seems in the spirit of the Anglican concept of common prayer, locally adapted.