Salutations from Vancouver, Canada

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ROBERT THOMAS, May 8, 2022.

1. ROBERT THOMAS

ROBERT THOMAS New Member

CANADA
    Religion:
    ANGLO-CATHOLIC
    Hi, My name is Rob. I am an Anglican more on the Anglo-Catholic side and attend a High Anglican Church. I am currently embarking on the Benedictine path unofficially, but studying and following it's precepts. I found this site by accident and glad to have joined. I was baptised into the Anglican Faith in my early 20s and recently found myself working my way deeper into the faith and finding God in a more personal way. My background is British (Great Grandparents from England) and Swedish (great Grandparents from Sweden). I also have some distant German blood as well as French. My interests are hiking, biking, astronomy, camping, movies, music, learning guitar to name a few. I am always eager to learn new things especially with others

I have a couple questions regarding the Anglican Years. If we are within 2022. What calendar year are we? 1 or 2?

Second question I have is do we still authorize lesser saints to this day?

Actually one more question, anyone else from Vancouver Canada?

Rob

Stalwart likes this.
  2. Br. Thomas

Br. Thomas Active Member

U.S.A.
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    Welcome. Enjoy your journey here.

ROBERT THOMAS likes this.
  3. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Hello!

Welcome to the forum.

Could you please explain what you mean.

I don't believe this is done on an Anglican-wide basis. There are as probably as many answers as there are members of the Anglicaan Communion.

4. ROBERT THOMAS

ROBERT THOMAS New Member

CANADA
    Religion:
    ANGLO-CATHOLIC
    Blessings Brother. I am learning the Benedictine Rule and following the Saint Helena Breviary. I hope one day the Father will call me!

5. ROBERT THOMAS

ROBERT THOMAS New Member

CANADA
    Religion:
    ANGLO-CATHOLIC
    I found the answer. Currently we are in Year 1. I believe the year changes when Lent comes? I am still learning the Liturgical Calendar

6. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The liturgical calendar begins with Advent 1 and concludes in November. Local custom will vary but it's increasingly common for the last Sunday of the church year to be celebrated as Christ the King.

Invictus likes this.
  7. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I think that first you will find it relates to the Lectionary and not the Liturgical Calendar. The Calendar is the same each year. It is the Lectionary that changes. In the Church of England we have two cycles for the Lectionary: a Sunday cycle and a weekday one. The Sunday cycle is over three years and the years are lettered: A, B and C. There is a two-year cycle for weekdays and these are numbered 1 and 2.

I was going to have a look and see what the Anglican Church of Canada does but found the website unhelpful. There is an online lectionary but all it does is tell you what today is. You cannot, as far as I can tell, look at a month, year, etc. Therefore, well done you for finding it's Year 1 because I couldn't find anything to tell me about the lectionary cycle in Canada.