Resources for Dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses

Discussion in 'Personal Advice, Care & Prayers' started by Sean611, May 11, 2012.

1. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    American Anglican
    I agree. I hope for the eventual universal reconciliation but that does and cannot write away the existence of hell altogether or that salvation exists outside of Christ.

alphaomega and apologetic like this.
  2. Anglo1

Anglo1 Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian but still seek
  3. Achilles Smith

Achilles Smith Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Thank you so much! I was a JW and converted. I am currently making it rain nuclear bombs on my grandma's arguments and making them look like a pile of dirt. Evangelizing them is hard as they keep ignoring all of your facts and they try not to respond to them. Please pray for my grams conversion :)

anglican74 and Lowly Layman like this.
  4. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
  5. Tiffy

Tiffy Active Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Never get into arguments about scripture with JW's unless you have at least half an hour to spare.

Don't treat them unkindly, some are quite nice, and anyone who was persecuted by Hitler and the Nazis, or The Communist Party, can't be entirely bad.

The best way to deal with JW's is to offer to pray with them, in the power of The Holy Spirit, for the church and the world.

They will quickly find an excuse to depart.

Otherwise have no truck with their perverted theology.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  6. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The last time I let them it, it was on the grounds that they had 30 minutes to speak on what they wanted and then thirty minutes to talk about what I wanted. The second 30 minutes we looked at the prologue to John's Gospel in Greek, and John 6 in English. They have never been back.

Stalwart and Tiffy like this.
  7. Tiffy

Tiffy Active Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    They just don't like it 'up 'em' Mr. Manwearing. :clap:

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 1 Jn.4:14.

Declare and present your case;
    let them take counsel together!
    Who told this long ago?
    Who declared it of old?
    Was it not I, the Lord?
    There is no other god besides me,
    a righteous God and a Savior;

there is no one besides me.
    Turn to me and be saved,
    all the ends of the earth!
    For I am God, and there is no other.
    By myself I have sworn,
    from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness
    a word that shall not return:
    “To me every knee shall bow,
    every tongue shall swear.” Isa.45:21-23

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. Jn.1:1-3.

And the Word WAS God! Not 'the word was 'a' god'. And the Word was also a 'Savior'. And there was only one 'Savior', so Jesus must have been 'God'.

And it can be proved by quoting the above verses from their very own 'Bible'. (Until such time as they catch on to this and their leaders decide to 'retranslate these verses' to align with their own erroneous doctrines. Currently it is all still there in their very own 'Bible'.

8. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Perhaps the first thing you need to acknowledge with JW's is that they are Arian. Anglicans (in the main) are Nicene and Chalcedonian Christians, and it is a shame that more Anglicans are not equipped to deal with this. The Council of Nicaea in 325 was to deal with the teaching of Arius, and yet it remains a prevalent heresy, even in our own day, and indeed only this weekend I encountered someone proclaiming themselves Anglican and yet clearly denying the eternal generation of the Son so well set forward in John 1:1.

The JW translation of this passage is in error.