Praying the daily office

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by bwallac2335, Oct 28, 2021.

1. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
  2. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Two questions:

1. Is the ACNA BCP (2019) mandatory in the ACNA or are other rites permitted?
    2. I had a look at the site to which you gave a link. I had a look at Compline (my favourite office) and note the three traditional psalms are used and the traditional reading. Is Compline in the ACNA BCP (2019) invariable, which was the tradition, or does it vary? I'm just wondering if I happened to hit on a night when it simply had these traditional components or if it is invariable.

3. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Other rites are permitted.
    There are 4 Psalms in our Compline book. You must have just hit on the day that had the three traditional ones.

Just for some information I find that the daily office in the 2019 is stronger than what is in the the American 28 or even the 1662. Just from the 3 BCP's that I have I really enjoy the 2019 and the 1662. I really like the 28 Communion rite and I am not wild about the two rites for the Eucharist in the 2019 BCP but my daily life is built around the daily office and that is where the 2019 and the 1662 excel

PDL likes this.