Prayer request for my family and I

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by Lone Disciple, May 7, 2019.

1. Lone Disciple

Lone Disciple New Member

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Anglican Christian
    My family is falling apart, I want everyone to love each other and stay strong. We have had very hard times to face and I have also been facing some difficulties myself.

My appetite has gone and I am diabetic, my body is hurting all over (My joints and muscles are aching), I'm getting weak, I want to stay strong and healthy so I can help the community and show our father God that I am devoted.

If I have nothing to live for then I want to at least live my life by making others smile.

To everyone and whoever reads this: God bless your amazing souls and I wish your family & you never-ending happiness, peace and love.

2. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Brother, I am in a similar position of anguish. I am tormented by memories of past guilt by self-professing Christians who said I am reprobate beyond salvation, that I am under God's wrath, and that every thing happening or said to me with the intent of malice and insult is deserved. I even recall them suggesting I should commit suicide because I am a fake Christian, and that whether or not it affects my own health or the feelings of my family, God will find a subsequent replacement and they will go on being happy even if I take my life. They said they felt 'sorry' for my family who thinks I love them because they believed I was a psychopath who only cared about himself, and that I should just man up and accept that I'm hell-bound and it doesn't matter what happens to me because it was all my fault. This kind of thing affects my well-being so much that the family who I do indeed love and care for, and who I know love God and live by his commandments as best they can, would ask, why I couldn't attend an event or spend time with them, because these torments cause my soul so much weakness that I am constantly laying around and losing my appetite and will. I have had Christians of all denominations, Protestants and Catholics, torture me in this way and it left deep scars on me. Friend, you are in my thoughts.

3. Lone Disciple

Lone Disciple New Member

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Anglican Christian
    That very unfortunate, I am deeply sadden to hear this.

You are God's family whatever you are, nobody can expell you from the community, only God can judge you, but even God is compassionate and doesn't discriminate.

All different types of Christians have different ways of showing their devotion to their faith, don't ever let other people make you feel unwelcome. I have been a long journey with my faith and I am still on the journey as we speak, I have many flaws but my flaws make me a better person because I learn from them.

You are not in this struggle.

4. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    I am deeply saddened to read this. It makes my heart hurt. " ...He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4
    You both are in my prayers. You are not alone. He is with you and will never forsake you.

Shaun likes this.
  5. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    A few favorite scriptures come to mind...

Php 4:6 for nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer, and by supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God;
    Php 4:7 and the peace of God, that is surpassing all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.

1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
    1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
    1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
    1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
    1Pe 5:11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Our Lord wants to be your source of comfort, support, and supply. He wants you to depend on Him as a small child confidently looks to his or her parent would, having no doubt that you are deeply loved and cared for as His child.

When we feel the heavy burdens of life, let us take the weight of those burdens to Him in prayer. Let us pray with confidence that He hears us and will do all He can (within the confines of His omniscience and overarching plans for us) to meet our needs. Let us cast (throw) our cares upon Him, and let us resist the temptation to take those cares back upon ourselves (and start worrying again about them). And let us expect that the peace of the Holy Spirit will guard our hearts and minds after we have thus prayed with faith and trust in Him.

I recall a time when I was tormented by anxiety. I was much younger then, and just getting to know these scriptures. One time an attack of anxiety struck me "out of the blue" for no good reason, and with the above verses in mind I asked God very simply to take the anxiety from me and to guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Immediately I felt light as a feather, and I began laughing with joy and relief! I knew right then that the devil would never be able to torment me with such anxiety again.

You've heard the saying, "look on the bright side," haven't you? God is light, and in him is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5). Keep your eyes upon the Lord, and you'll be looking on the bright side of things.

God is faithful. Give Him the care of your problems and burdens. Let Him help. God will do "the heavy lifting" if we do our small part.

May the blessings of Almighty God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, be upon you this day and every day.

Shaun likes this.
  6. Shaun

Shaun Member Anglican

England
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Heavenly Father
    You know every decision we need to make and every challenge we face.
    Please forgive us for the times we try to figure this life out on our own.
    We need You. We need Your Holy Spirit to give us strength, wisdom and direction.
    Amen

mediaque likes this.