Poll Finds Archbishop of York the favorite among Christians to be next ABC

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Sean611, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Sean611

Sean611 Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    Toma likes this.
  2. Toma

Toma Well-Known Member Anglican

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Sentamu is much more firm when it comes to enacting his beliefs than Dr. Williams, in my opinion. The former just radiates confidence in his belief and zeal for the Gospel. His African orthodoxy shines through.

Gordon and Sean611 like this.
  3. The Hackney Hub

The Hackney Hub Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    The Episcopal Church
    He's African too. I can see the liberals freaking out. What do we do? We want to be "diverse" but we don't want to be overtly Christian. Sentamu is a black Christian, :heads explode:

Gordon, Toma, Sean611 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sean611

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    I agree and his story from imprisonment in Uganda by a dictator to Archbishop of York is very inspiring. His African orthodoxy and strong faith definitely shines through!

Gordon likes this.
  5. Sean611

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    I was thinking the same thing! The liberals in the CofE must be nervous, they have to keep their mouths shut about this guy! :D

6. Scottish Knight

Scottish Knight Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    lol, exactly! I think he has the respect of the general public though. I can't see Cameron being pleased to have him as the archbishop though since he opposed the government plans on same sex marriage. Perhaps Cameron would support him to show that he is not afraid of being disagreed with thereby making him look stronger, or perhaps so he could say that during his time in office there was the first black archbishop of Canterbury. I certainly hope Sentamu becomes the next archbishop, the archbishop has such a public religious voice in the life of the nation that who is chosen forthe role will affect all christians in the UK

Gordon and Toma like this.
  7. Toma

Toma Well-Known Member Anglican

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hackney & Sean, I rather thought liberal people would want Sentamu because of the Obama Complex. Need I explain what that means? :p Regardless of him being Christian, they want blacks to be as omnipresent in high positions as possible, so as to shame Caucasians and somehow to 'balance history'. I'm sure most people aren't so silly, and just want him because he's strong.