Podcasts

Discussion in 'Arts, Literature, and Games' started by Robert, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Robert

Robert Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (Anglo-Catholic)
    Perhaps I have asked this before...Are there any anglican podcasts? Not sure if anyone is familiar with Ancient Faith Radio buy I find it is a useful resource.

Scottish Monk likes this.
  2. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    When you enter "Anglican Podcasts" in the google search engine on your personal computer, you get a list of websites featuring podcasts--some appear to offer classical Anglican programming, while others contain other perspectives. Think Anglican Podcasts is currently broadcasting a podcast series on the 39 Articles of Religion. Their website appears to be affiliated with the Anglican Church of North America (Ohio, USA). I am sorry, but I have not yet taken the opportunity to listen to any of their podcasts.

I am currently playing around with the Grace Mondo Wifi-Fi Music Player and Internet Radio, which I highly recommend as a bedside device--good audio, headphone jack, volume control, WIKI and Cable USB interface, alarm clock, lighted console, etc., etc., etc.. I am just now beginning to identify and program interesting Internet audio streams, podcasts, and radio stations. This is all pretty new technology within the last five to ten years, and is changing with each stroke of my fingers on the keyboard. The Worldwide Listening Guide (5th ed., 2011) helps to bring many of us up to the explosive growth of Internet Radio--however, I am finding out that anything in print about podcasts, audio streams, and Internet radio is out of date before the ink is dry. The last I heard is there are already 50,000 broadcasters, and new ones pop up every hour. The medium has pretty much replaced AM, FM, and shortwave radio--except in the automobile. And my son has already shown me how he listens to podcasts by connecting his smart phone into the radio of his car. Blink--and the whole thing will literally pass you by.

And, yes, I have Ancient Faith Radio set up as one of my presets on my bedside Grace Mondo Internet radio. When I get a chance I will post some the URL links to some of the Anglican-related Internet audio streams, podcasts, and radio stations that I have run across. You actually need to set up a radio logbook to keep up with all of the casts, URLs, and links.

I hope I have not scared anybody away from this new medium. I also hope others will post in this thread.

...Scottish Monk

EDIT June 11, 2012, 2:40 p.m., EST/d

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. CatholicAnglican

CatholicAnglican Active Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Traditional Catholic
    Look up Christ The King ANiC in Toronto on iTunes, they have free podcast homilies