Please pray for ACNA Bishop-elect Alex Farmer

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Ananias, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA
    The Rev. Alex Farmer was recently selected as the next Bishop of the ACNA Gulf Atlantic Diocese. He recently suffered a heart-attack while working in his yard at his home. I pray for his full recovery as he takes on the yoke of the Gulf Atlantic Diocese, and I thank God for guiding him to seek treatment immediately. May Alex be a good and faithful shepherd to his sheep for many years!

Story here.

2. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I shall definitely be praying for him. If he's recently had a heart attack he will need prayers as he takes on the much greater responsibilities and extra stress he will face in his episcopal role.

In addition, I shall also pray he becomes a much wiser person and makes better decisions. Driving himself to hospital with a heart attack does not count as sensible. If his condition had worsened and he had gone unconscious he could have been involved in a traffic accident that may have killed others or left them with life-changing issues.

I will also pray for him that he doesn't see unwise decisions as something to brag about.

ZachT likes this.