Pilgrim's Progress

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Pilgrim, May 23, 2017.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

France
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Greetings to all.

Would this be an appropriate forum to ask for help in trying to set up a Pilgrim's halt on the Via Turonensis (Voie de Tours) on the route to St James at Compostella? It is in France in the Charente Maritime and would be set up as a non profit organisation. I need help to organise funding (crowdfunding) to buy the house and pay for essential repairs. I have a whole project in mind and can provide photos, details and so on, if people are interested in helping. It is hoped it will be a multi faith stop.

I hope I haven't infringed any rules in starting this thread. I'd be happy to answer any questions about myself and my motivation for the project (within reason):)

If this isn't the right place for this, any positive help in seeking the right direction would be more than appreciated. Your prayers would also be welcome.:pray:

WilliamWalker likes this.
  2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

Thank you for asking, your request is firmly aligned with the mission of this website that is greater Anglican piety and therefore we wish you blessings with your endeavour. Perhaps you could start an IndieGo or a Patreon crowdfunding campaign to help accomplishing this dream of yours.

WilliamWalker and Pilgrim like this.
  3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

France
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Thank you for your kind words. The problem is that I have no idea how to set up a crowdfunding campaign on my own. I hope that someone will be able to give me advice and assistance on this. I have now spoken to quite a number of pilgrims on this route and they are all agreed that this is a much needed venture. Perhaps as time goes on, one of them maybe able to help. In the meantime any prayers for this endeavour are appreciated.

I will indeed look at the sites you suggest and see if I can overcome my fears and lack of knowledge to set something up properly.

4. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    May Sant Iago bless your efforts in his cause for devotion to God

alphaomega and Pilgrim like this.
  5. WilliamWalker

WilliamWalker New Member

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    High Church Anglican
    Car boot sale? Charity bake sale? Crowd funding sights? Best of luck. Post a link here if you are doing anything, so we can support it. :)