Nudity in TV/Movies

Discussion in 'Arts, Literature, and Games' started by bwallac2335, Aug 2, 2019.

1. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    No I mean it is hard to discern the intent behind nudity these days. Is it artistic or is it to incite lust.

Liturgyworks and Fidei Defensor like this.
  2. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    My guess is, it is artistic about 5% of the time, but "art" is the flimsy excuse offered for most of it. :p

Liturgyworks and Fidei Defensor like this.
  3. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    I tend to view it like this. If there is a show that I really want to see that has nudity I evaluate why I might want to watch it and then weigh the risk to causing me lust.

Liturgyworks likes this.
  4. Fidei Defensor

Fidei Defensor Active Member

Kingdom of Heaven
    Religion:
    Christian
    Nude and lude are one letter apart. Each of us has to decide where the threshold is between art and temptation.

Thomas Didymus and Liturgyworks like this.
  5. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I hope I'm not being rude and don't mean to intrude, ;) but it's actually spelled 'lewd.' :)

Thomas Didymus and Liturgyworks like this.
  6. Liturgyworks

Liturgyworks Well-Known Member Anglican

US
    Religion:
    Christian Orthodoxy
    I myself find the superabundance of nudity in contemporary film and television, for example, HBO series like Game of Thrones or Westworld, to be gross and not in any respect lust-inducing; these films would be better without the explicit sex scenes, which are merely gratuitous. I hate to think about the effect they might have on younger viewers, particularly some of the horrific depictions of rape. A large number of teenagers and relatively young children did watch Game of Thrones, despite the Mature rating. :(