Non-binary Theology

Discussion in 'Theology and Doctrine' started by Jeffg, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Jeffg

Jeffg Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Lutherpalian
    The term "non-binary" seems to be coming up as a topic around a whole bunch of topics. From what little I understand of it from a theological point of view, there are some issues to say the least. I've run into some referances to it especially in around "Centering Prayer". It seems to me that a "non-binary" perspective would deny the idea of good and evil. So I'm hoping for some commentary/education on the topic.

2. Fr. Brench

Fr. Brench Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    The only context I've heard the term 'non-binary' is in the cultural discussion of sexuality. Where or how have you heard it used in theology?

3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Hmmm, would a non-binary theology include 50 shades of grey? :rolleyes: I'm picturing a very, um, "friendly" church.... not scriptural, but very friendly! :laugh:

Doesn't the RCC have a sort of "trinary" theology? They think serious sins send you to hell, but little sins don't.... so there's good, there's slightly evil, and then there's really evil.... O_o

4. Jeffg

Jeffg Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Lutherpalian
    Doesn't the RCC have a sort of "trinary" theology? They think serious sins send you to hell, but little sins don't.... so there's good, there's slightly evil, and then there's really evil....

I have to admit, I missed the shades and just went with the extremes... Mother Theresa = Good... Adolf Hitler= Evil. I don't imagine they are playing cards together someplace right now.